Triumph 675 Forums banner

Moto Survey (easy & quick)

3K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  NefRider 
#1 ·
Hey ya'll,

I would like to enlist your help with a taking a survey. It's a very quick and easy survey. it's for a potential prototype that I am currently working on.

Click here: https://clipboard.rit.edu/take.cfm?sid=516C9D0D

Your involvement will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading and even more thanks for participating. :nerd2:

#4 ·
Now that i have been through it, and see what the questions are directed towards,

can you give us any hints of what you are developing?
if not, i understand entirely, i just think it would be cool for the forum here to have some input, maybe we will have ideas you hadnt considered yet, or names for a device or entire electronic helmet unit, etc etc

this is really the future

good stuff

#7 ·
I should be getting my Dash wireless Bluetooth ear buds soon. I backed their kickstarter mainly to use them while riding. I won't be able to try them on the bike until next spring though since like all kickstarter projects it was severely delayed. I'm using a Sena setup right now and it's less than ideal, but better than dealing with cords.

#9 ·
How's that possible. They give them out for free nowadays

#12 ·
Not sure what you got up your sleeve here, but this sounds similar to that guy on here last year wanting us to fill out a survey about internal HUD for helmets. As far as earbuds that connect via Bluetooth with smart phones, I use a product called Hush. It works pretty good as far as the phone call clarity and battery life. While I originally bought it for riding the bike, I wound up using it at work more than anything, mostly because I don't need to make calls while riding. Good luck.

#13 ·
I can't ride without ear plugs anymore. Very excited that there may be a better speaker option in the future. Though I ride to disconnect, many people do connect to devices, and this may be a worthwhile investment in hearing protection for a lot of them.

#15 ·
Thank you very much everyone for interacting with my survey and this post in general. I do appreciate and love the enthusiasm, challenging questions and open dialog. Let's keep that it going ...

As for giving a few more hints ... I'll bite. The prototype I am hoping to bring to life is a device that will capture these features: Small, Bluetooth connectivity, 2-way comm, Hearing protection. Now, this may or may not sound exciting based on just reading the list but I tell you ... from my primary and secondary research ... I see an exciting potential with the prototype.

I will fill you guys in on any major advances. I am really excited about this venture and its future. Ride safe & ride often.

Again, thanks ....

#20 ·
Done. Not super interested in taking phone calls, but a HUD with map info would be sweet, and/or ear plugs with headphones so I can listen to tunes without cranking the music up to unsafe levels. I tried molding ear plugs with that 2 part silicone stuff from the craft store, but can hardly hear the music.

#23 ·
Quick Update: I will be receiving two 3D printed samples of the prototype for fitting. I can't wait. Also, I'd like to give everyone a courtesy heads up. I will ask for your participation on a second (shorter) survey to gather more important demographic, psychographic etc data. This will allow me to get a better gauge of pricing, marketing and my specific target audience.

The process is tedious but I am enjoying the whole process.

09 ST3R

#24 ·
Survey taken. I probably didn't give any answers you're looking for.
No music for me. Earplugs ONLY in my ears...ever.
I have a smartphone but I've never even turned the blootooth thingy on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.