Triumph 675 Forums banner

CCS Midwest

9K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  Schwags13 
#1 ·
Anyone racing Blackhawk this weekend? I was planning on it, but I don't have rain tires and the weather looks unfavorable now. I really hope it clears up.

#2 ·
CCS July 3rd & 4th at Road America. Anyone else going? I'll be heading down to race this weekend. I have 7 races I'll be entering. All but one are Sprint races which are 4 laps. GTU will be the tough race as it's 25 minutes. I'll post up results after the weekend.

#5 ·
I had a great time racing this weekend at Road America! What a beautiful weekend for it too. I took home 4 top 10 finishes, an 11th and 12th place. My best was 5th place for Rookies Cup. I set a PR of 2:396. I had a tough time fending off the R6's and 636's down the long straights but was generally able to out brake them and carry more corner speed coming into turns 1 and 5 to keep the dogs at bay behind me. :grin2:.

#6 ·
I'm posting this here and under track days, as most people don't check this spot. Here's some action from GTU. There are two crashes on camera in turn 14. The 2nd one almost bites me so I head off track to avoid the 400lb mass of cartwheeling aluminum. I made a bunch of errors this race and I'm glad I have the footage to study.

#7 ·
7/19/15 CCS at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. What a blast! It was a beautiful hot day. I started from the back of every grid, as I signed up so late. (CCS doesn't grid by practice times they grid by who signs up first). But I managed to launch really well all 3 races and brought home three top 5 finishes today ;D. I finished 5th in GTU, 5th in MWSS, and 4th in Rookies Cup.

#10 ·
Unfortunately not, I actually moved to Kentucky just south of Cinci for work recently. I also think my days of trying to be a racer might be over, haha. I tried it out last year and I found that when I took things really seriously in an attempt to make a good run it wound up sucking the fun out of the day. I might give it another try once I pick up the pace at track days and am a bit more confident, but for now at least I'm putting it on hold. Team Backmarker lost its only member!

#13 ·
Anyone doing the last CCS Midwest races at Blackhawk Farms on Sept 26th & 27th?

I'll be there to race Saturday for GTU, MWSS, & HWSS.

Post up if you're going. Even if you're not racing, it's a fun event to watch. Anyone in the area come on over!

#14 ·
I had great weekend racing. The weather was beautiful and I was without incident. I brought home top 10 finishes is all of my races, placing 8th in GTU, 7th in MWSS, and 7th in HWSS. It was a great end to the season. I had some really fun battles during each race. I'll post up video later this week.

#15 ·
The CCS season is wrapped up for us in the Midwest. It was a great year and I had an absolute blast!! Here are my results for the season.

Midwest Overall Points
33rd of 165

Midwest Classes
GTU 13th of 43
MWSS 11th of 81
HWSS 17th of 52

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.