Triumph 675 Forums banner

675 shifter help

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  shouldnthave 
#1 ·
need some help. i bought the rizoma rear sets for my 09 trumpet. but the end of the shift rod doesnt match up with my oem one. see pictures below.

has anyone come across this. or am i missing a part in the packaging for rizoma?

i appreciate any help.

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It should have come with a new arm for the shifter on the motor. At least my set did, but I got the Corssa's and they change the way the bike shifts all together.

I can't remember if the first set I ordered had one though. I didn't use it if it did because I have a quick shifter so it was a custom install.

When I get back to the shop on Monday, I'll look.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
need some help. i bought the rizoma rear sets for my 09 trumpet. but the end of the shift rod doesnt match up with my oem one. see pictures below.

has anyone come across this. or am i missing a part in the packaging for rizoma?

i appreciate any help.

thanks
The ball joint on the shift arm will unthread. This should give you the ability to bolt the shift rod to the shift arm.

#4 ·
i tried unthreading the ball joint. took all my muscles and still couldnt do it. and even banged my knuckles a few times trying.

either this ones is one peice. or its on there really strong.

if i need to buy a new peice for that. i am ok with it. but i would imagine if the rear sets dont have the same setup. they should either say that in the description. or include a part for it.

i keep getting screwed over on parts. its really getting upsetting.

anyway, i appreciate the help.

#8 ·
ok cool good to know. i will get on it again tomorrow.

i appreciate the help everyone.

#10 ·
To unthread the rod, as a last resort, undo the nut by it and unscrew it all the way to the end of the thread, get a wrench on the nut, and then rotate to rotate the entire shift arm. It's not really good for the nut so like I said, as a last resort.

#12 ·
for some reason that confused me lol.

but in the pictures below i circled the parts i need to swap.

the OEM part that is circled, i need to remove. so that i can use the rizoma part that is circled instead.

hopefully thats a little more clear.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.