Triumph 675 Forums banner

12000 Miles service?

11K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  MGFChapin 
#1 ·
So in may I purchased my 2006 Daytona 675 with 7500 miles on it. This summer I rode everywhere. I'm at 12k and wanted to find out how much you guys have spent on the service. I live in CT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
Prices vary wildly from region to region. For the 12,000 mile intervals, I do everything except check the valves and throttle body balance. The local dealership here charged me about $200 (valve clearances were within spec). All the other maintenance is easy-peasy and sort of fun to do.

#6 ·
If you are comfortable with most of the service, do the
Oil
Coolant
Brakes

on your own... it is pretty straight forward and can be done with just the tools around your own garage.. or borrow from a friend... or even rent (for free) from Auto parts store

The valve clearance and throttle bodies was a little more than what i wanted to do, so i took off all plastics my self and had the tank ready to just disassemble.
dealer charged me 300 for the service... which with the 13+ you have to buy the kit from triumph... but they worked me a deal and i got it for 250 OTD.

All were in spec and bike still runs great with almost 18k

#8 ·
If you are comfortable with most of the service, do the
Oil
Coolant
Brakes

on your own... it is pretty straight forward and can be done with just the tools around your own garage.. or borrow from a friend... or even rent (for free) from Auto parts store

The valve clearance and throttle bodies was a little more than what i wanted to do, so i took off all plastics my self and had the tank ready to just disassemble.
dealer charged me 300 for the service... which with the 13+ you have to buy the kit from triumph... but they worked me a deal and i got it for 250 OTD.

All were in spec and bike still runs great with almost 18k
To do the valve clearance do you have to drain the coolant? I don't want to change out the coolant twice.

Also with the ABS can you change brake fluid via convential methods?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Thanks. I think you're on my local forum as well!

-I'm rolling up on 6k in the next 2 months, so doing oil change etc. Leaning towards ordering the DealerTool for the throttle bodies and clearing service intervals
-Planning to do brake fluid + coolant end of this year based on age
-Will probably hit 12k service mid next year. I haven't done a shim type valve adjustment before (done a screw-type a few years ago) but I'm not too daunted.

Hard to plan mileage...I'm on pace for quite a bit more than last year. Apparently I'm a big fan of the triple :)

#14 ·
Gonna give TuneECU a shot, ordered the BAFX 34t5 bluetooth adapter. Seems like the least likely to have issues (hard to find many current recommended adapters), and using my phone is much better than trying to lug around my old laptop.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.