Triumph 675 Forums banner

Velocity stacks feeler

8K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  Toothless675 
#1 ·
I've been toying with the idea of making some for myself if I can ever get time on a machine again. I was curious if there would be enough interest to make extras. Pricing would still be semi up in the air but new ones go for almost 400 and used go for 170+ I was thinking around $200. Would there be interest at this price?

#2 ·
I would be interested. I haven't found any used ones, but the least expensive new ones I've seen are £140, which is over $200 at the current exchange rate. Keep me updated on your plans. I'm more than willing to race test them as well.

#10 ·
Ok next question would be what are you guys preferring? I'm hoping to get my hands on a set of the 3 different lengths design for some radius measurements but could also just go with the 54 or 52mm lengths for all 3. The same lengths would give all upper end while I would assume the different lengths would spread it across the entire powerband. That is my guess at least.

#22 ·
Suppose Senior Butthurt can blame me...I'm the one who talked him into making them...he told me he thought about it but had no interest in making them...

Short runners increase top end, Long runner increase lower end. And we ARE talking about TQ...horsepower is just a derivative of Torque..

#25 ·
TJ that's pretty interesting, can you elaborate a bit?

It seems like with degreed cams velocity stacks could help regain some of the tq that was shifted to the right. Or do you think it was a lack of exhaust flow related to the SS restrictions on porting?
Shawn

#27 ·
I guess I should have clarified. These would be for the 06-12 models. Not sure if they changed in 13 or not but I would guess since everything else got an overhaul, these would have as well. If they didn't, those of you with 2013+ bikes don't buy them...unless you want cool looking stacks.

At no point do I want to make and sell something that is not beneficial. :thumbup:

#28 ·
ThatKid,

I was going to address this via PM but seeing as the cat is out of the bag and I wont be the only set produced I figured I'd raise this concern..

If you look in the Race Kit for the 06-08 (WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM 09-12)

The third cylinder V-Stack is substantially Shorter than the other 2 cylinders, while the 09-12 are all equal lengths.
Per the manual: "It is essential that the race ECU kit - A9618070 is used with the Air Funnel
race kit to allow correct offset for fuelling cylinder 3 (short Air Funnel)"

Now, I'm assuming, and hopefully someone on a Race harness and ECU can chime in.. But I'm under the impression that the Race ECU has Individual cylinder fueling control's while the OE ECU with TuneECU is a global fuel change..

I have no particular educated guess as to why #3 would be shorter, if anything I'd expect the center Cylinder to be shorter due to being directly in the center of the airbox and in the area of most flow from the intake.

Also, note Part #3 is a special retainer and I have no idea to what purpose that serves either.

Regardless, if you look at the 09-12 race kit, all the V-Stacks are the same.

Attachments

#31 ·
If it helps the Latus Motorsports 2011-12 675R's used only the short velocity stack.

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
Nice!!! 23 posts in less than 60 minutes! So what are you selling! Oh, by the way, most of the questions you've asked in these threads have been addressed and answered. Take the time to read them rather than reviving threads to get your post count up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.