Triumph 675 Forums banner

Random Single Gold Link In My Chain? WTF?

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  YeahDave 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Recently purchased a used 2011 Daytona 675 with 5k miles on it. Have only had it for just about two weeks. I'm finally getting a chance to do a complete look over and I noticed a single gold colored link in my chain. It's gold on both sides and the side facing away from the wheel doesn't seem to have caps on the o-rings??

As far as I know the chain is supposed to be stock. Never had this on my other bikes.

What is this?? :noclue:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Is that something that is on every factory chain? Kinda got concerned it was some weird patch job :nomore:

Are the O ring's supposed to be uncapped like that on that side?

Sorry for the noobness of this post haha. Never had this on my other bikes.

Thanks!
Dave

#3 ·
It looks ok to me. If you're worried about it, check that it has O rings between the two outside plates and the inner links, and that the pins are pressed wide enough that the outside plate can't come off. From what I can see in the photos its fine.

#11 ·
It can obviously be any color, but typically the master is different colored to show where it was put together. Sometimes they match, but you can always tell which one is the master as it will have the smashed rivets, unless they go dumb and try using those clips, even then though, you can see them.

#9 ·
haha thanks guys. Been noticing a few issues that made me question the story I got from the prior owner so thinking this was a botched chain patch job made me exasperated.

#12 ·
I suppose I do.

Now when I look at it my kawasaki, it has a master link with the different rivets but it's the same color as the other ones so I never noticed :biggrinjester:

I r learning good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.