Triumph 675 Forums banner

New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread

33K views 98 replies 46 participants last post by  Half-fast Rider 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

We're proud to announce that the new site look and feel has been completed for Triumph675.net! Our designers and software engineers have been hard at work on this for several months. It's designed to modernize the site, make it easier to use, and to make it more attractive to new members and guests that visit .

The forum software we use, vBulletin, by default is not designed to be friendly to the eyes or to look modern. We went down to the nuts and bolts of the forum software and templates, and have done a ground up approach. There are several things you will notice now that the new design is live.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.

We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join Triumph675.net, they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/garage.php?do=index

4) Garages will be featured on the site

You can show off your Triumph, You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others. Make sure you post up some images to share with the community at the link below.

5) Users will be able to register with Facebook, Twitter or Google+

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

7) Another new great feature is the @Mention user plugin. You can tag members by simply using the @ symbol.

8) Drag and Drop image uploader

We hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions on the design, please let us know, feedback is appreciated.

If there are any issues you see. Post them up here and we will get them worked out.

Thanks,
-Your Triumph675.net Team.

See less See more
#52 ·
Also +1 for dark option. This white is too bright
+1 for dark option also...
I commend your effort but I'm not a fan of the change so far. Everything is bigger and there's less info on one page. I hate all the white, my eyes are burning. I thought the previous version was great and never had a problem with MO app. Keep the classic option, I'm going back to the future.
Heya guys,

Can one of you or the mods start a poll for a "dark theme" option?

If I have enough formal votes for one I can get it approved and move forward with requesting the build of a dark theme for night and low light browsing.

Just @mention me in it or send me the link. Testing @VS Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff

#46 ·
The more I toy around with the site the more I like! There's still the issue for me at least when I click "Quick Reply" it quotes the previous post.

#48 ·
I commend your effort but I'm not a fan of the change so far. Everything is bigger and there's less info on one page. I hate all the white, my eyes are burning. I thought the previous version was great and never had a problem with MO app. Keep the classic option, I'm going back to the future.

#59 ·
@Beeglowbot
@Farmer

Quick question:

Which one of the icons are you guys referring to? The one on the left (down arrow) goes to first unread and the one on the right (right pointing arrow next to username) goes to the last post.

Let me know, thanks.

Jeff
The down arrow on the left takes you to the last page. The right arrow on the right takes you to the last post. That's how the new site works for me now. The Classic mode has the down arrow working correctly taking you to the first new post.

#61 · (Edited)
I think the new site looks nice and more modern, but overall feels less functional to me. I also agree that it's way too bright.

I think the default font size is too big, so there's less information on the screen. Not sure if a user can change this in settings. I personally had no issues with the old design, and for now, am using the Classic option.

#67 ·
Not feeling it.

One thing, I like the look of the desktop site, but on the phone, when I click the "forums" tab, it forces me to go through all the available subforums. I'd like to enter one forum, see the latest post in each one, and then decide where to browse. And yes, I can use the mobile site but it's limited and that irks me. I want to see signatures and whatnot.

One other thing, in multi page threads, there should be something to show you how many pages total are in it.

#74 ·
I've been visiting this forum for years, and maybe it's just my old eyes that need to adjust to the change, but I couldn't find the "Search" box! May I suggest identifying the magnifying glass thing in the upper right corner? Just throwing my 2 cents in...

#78 ·
Are you dragging them to the "drag files here to attach" box?

Testing here, my old whips.

Jeff

Attachments

#81 ·
I've reverted back to the classic option because it puts more info on one page and makes more efficient use of page space.

In the new design, the recent discussions is way too wide, and somehow there is all this white space in the main thread frame.

I hope the classic option doesn't go away.

#83 ·
We understand that not everyone will like the new layout and thank you for giving it a try. Members should be able to toggle the side bar on and off to save space. The option to do so is in your user cp.

User CP -> Your Profile -> Edit Your Details -> Toggle right sidebar -> Disable

For me this site crashes a lot on iPhone 6 Plus. Both regular view and enhanced view crash. I tried chrome too on iPhone and I still had the same issue.

Also typing is super laggy on iPhone.

However, when I use the site in full browser on PC, everything works fine and looks great.
What iOS is your iPhone running? I want to see if the forum will crash on my end.

Thank you!

~Kay

#82 ·
For me this site crashes a lot on iPhone 6 Plus. Both regular view and enhanced view crash. I tried chrome too on iPhone and I still had the same issue.

Also typing is super laggy on iPhone.

However, when I use the site in full browser on PC, everything works fine and looks great.

#85 ·
There is an option to go back up on page. Right under the main heading where the slide out menu option is located you will see this dark grey strip indicating where you are in the forum. You can scroll left or right in that strip and tap on whichever section you would like to go back to.

~Kay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.