Triumph 675 Forums banner

how much for a check up?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  luckplayer 
#1 ·
I am thinking about bringing my 2009 in to the dealer for them to a check up/tune up to make sure everything is all good with my bike. Nothing is knowingly wrong with it right now but about how much would they charge me for that around??

#3 ·
Most places ive been to has been around 75$ and they apply that to the over all cost "if" they find anything

that being said, you can probably find a small problem on any bike

#4 ·
How many miles are on your bike? Why are you bringing it in if nothign is wrong? Is it due for a service? Do you change your own oil? Do do your own brakes? chain lube? I wouldn't just bring my bike in for a "check up" unless it needed something you weren't comfortable doing.

#5 ·
I did that with my Ninja 500 before I sold it. Wanted to make sure it was as sound as I thought it was. Plus I could use it as a selling point in my CL ad. Never hurts to have a pro give it a once over if you're not entirely sure you haven't missed something. Also I was a lot less dilligent with maintenence on that bike than I have been with my other bikes. Not a lot of pride of ownership in that bike, ha ha.

#7 ·
My dealer charged me 92$ for an all around inspection. They did a Track Safety inspection, and total bike look-over. I've had the bike since March, coming up on 12k miles and just wanted to get it checked up before the big service. They also checked my current tune and updated it since I have a Two Brothers slip on. I wasn't sure if the tune was updated by previous owner.

Bike def runs better now that it was tuned a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.