Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 Daytona 675 Spy Photo

19K views 145 replies 72 participants last post by  ggillies 
#1 ·
See less See more
#73 ·
I still say the smaller plastics and lack of undertail exhaust makes the tail look shriveled.

Ill be keeping mine and not upgrading if this is what the final product is.

They really should have just left it alone and slapped a 1050 engine in it.

#100 ·
... I'm not liking it at all. It looks entirely too angular, similar to a lot of the design cues of Kawasaki.
Maybe a little late to the party, but for sure I won't be getting a 2013 model or any other subsequent year model, before they review the design.

I DON'T LIKE:
-- The whole angular design and blending colors, They should have left that for Kawasaki, they do it better. Triumph designers look like they went dumpster diving for Kawasaki drafts.

-- What's up with that silver piece on the headlights?? I first thought that it was the running lights. Definitely, If I was getting this bike, I would be painting it to match the bike color.
-- No undertail exhaust !! Definitely a deal breaker for a sportbike for me
-- The tail section ...!!! WT$# ... It looks like mixture of the 2013 Ninja 650, an F4, and a BMW 1000RR.
-- Did Ducati make extended mirrors for an 848, but realized that they forgot to add the turn signals and gave those mirrors to Triumph.

Btw, Did I mention that I really don't like the new design at all?!!!

#86 ·
:laugh: Jesus SiW, what are you trying to do to us lmfao. Everyone is all freaked out thinking that the daytona is forever ruined and now you say its not 100% correct lol.

On a side note, I actually like the tail minus fat subframe. Not into the massive air intake and 3rd eye if you will. The low boy isnt too bad as long as it stays short like that and gets no longer like the R6 exhaust. And they really should clean up the left side showing that fat damn exhaust can.....And I really like the new Street Trip R. I would deff ride that bad boy....

#91 ·
I really like that. I'm one of the few people that seems to like the 2013 STriple. When I can upgrade my bike in a few months, I'm going to pick up one specced out like that. Undecided on the colour though. Am a massive fan of the white but the matte grey looks awesome there.

#104 ·
If I had to be a critic...

-Other than the silver, I'm actually a fan of the subframe. IMO it flows better with the rest of the frame when you look at it closely.
-Not a huge fan of the headlights, could definetly do away with the silver bits/swept back design and the center light. Front as a whole looks more japanese inspired.
-Dig the frame sliders
-Hate pinstriped wheels
-Plastic lower tank piece could go
-Could care less about turn signals, etc. (fender elim would be first mod regardless)
-Rear also looks more japanese, which I don't mind. I'm actually a fan of the shorty tail look (think 08-11 CBR1000RR)
-Indifferent on the low exit exhaust, thinking about one for my '12

I won't be trading my '12 in for a '13 anytime soon (disregarding major motor upgrades), but I'm not horrified by this. I'm not sure where anyone gets the idea that the center-up exhaust is some sort of Triumph originated styling (636, CBR...) btw. Overall, I give it 6-8 months after the official release before 50% of nostalgic posters are back on board and the new styling grows on them.

#117 ·
Official pictures:

Very happy i didnt wait for this bike from an aesthetics standpoint. ABS, slipper clutch and a little more power wouldnt be bad things but i dont need any of them really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.