Triumph 675 Forums banner

Someone messing with my car

18K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Ditch Doctor 
#1 ·
I have come out to my car for the last 2 mornings having crap written all over my car. I live in an apartment complex. Luckily a car wash has fixed the issue but its still an annoyance. I'm new to AZ and have only met 4 people who live in my complex. One of which seems batshit crazy. I keep to myself and haven't really met anyone locally since I work a ton. This has happened between 11pm and 6 am both nights. Its not a co-worker or someone I may know since everyone I have met with the exception of who lives in my complex is 20+ miles away.

I made the leasing office aware of this too. Ive parked in a well lit spot close to the leasing office in a parking lot of approximately 30 cars.

Any advice or suggestions?

#5 ·
Well I have to get up at 5 am for work every morning and my next day off is the 12th… I was thinking maybe I could mount a dash cam but I know nothing about recorders or motion sensors.

Knowing my luck, when Id attempt to catch them, they wouldn't do it. Only an idiot would strike 3 nights in a row. I have an idea as to who it is, the crazy 24 year old chick. She's the only one I could really figure out. She's a drunk party chick and is usually out all night and sleeps all day. And she smokes outside. I have a feeling its this girl, a friend of hers, or someone completely random who just recently decided I was an *******.

#7 ·
What is being written and with what

#8 ·
Either with this white foam stuff. Looks like the head of beer or in the condensation on the car. Stuff like "punk b****" or "b**** *****" things of that nature, cock drawlings. Thats all nice and fun until they do it on the hood of my car and they scratch the paint all up with dirt or something. Real juvenile stuff. Its more of an annoyance than anything else. Odd how I am the ***** when whoever this is, wont address their problem with me face to face.

I have never had a problem with anyone in the complex and am barely home to meet or socialize anyone.

#10 ·
Thanks man, Ill have to check that link.

Moved my car this morning. Same thing happened when I came out this morning, parking the car in a different location. They keep going for my hood drawling shit into the consensation left over on my car at night.

The only other thing I can think of is somehow there was an impression left in the paint of my car and when condensation lays on my car, it shows back up. I washed my car so I am not sure... That steakout idea might be what needs to happen.

#11 · (Edited)
That steakout idea might be what needs to happen.
Just make sure you don't go solo and have a GoPro or something of the sort rolling if and when you confront the person(s). Or you could stake out and let them do it then take them to court for vandalism with the video you make. Just my .02 to ensure your safety.

#17 ·
Threats usually don't work in the long run. Just provokes worse behavior on both parties in reality.

#19 ·
Maybe the crazy ***** just wants the d/ your attention.

#23 ·
Body language my friend.

if you believe it to be one of the 4 individuals you have met, a real quick way to find out is to just confront them. As you approach pay attention to stance, eyes, movement. No body wants to be wrong/ or caught.
So, ask craze party d/ chick, what she did last night, if she is doing it, i bet there will be a smile, or a tell of some kind.

i wouldnt come straight out and say it, but hint enough to let them know what you mean, and there you go.

Or you can just set claymores all over the car (hidden of course) and go to sleep... when you hear the massive explosion, or multiple explosions depending on other cars/ chain reaction, you can just roll over, pull up your blanket, and sleep even tighter knowing they will never bother you again :thumbup:

i'd look around other cars too, when i was a kid i used to do stupid shit ( who didnt) but almost identical to what you are describing, maybe just kids being stupid kids. if other cars are marked up/ i wouldnt feel as solo'd out

good luck, let me know if you need an eye in the sky

#24 ·
A cost effective way is use a baby monitor hidden under the car, they pick up quite a few of the softer sounds.

Make sure you put a piece of black electrical tape over the red LED light on the transmitter.

I think most of the transmitters run on 9V batteries.

I saw this a while back on another forum, and it was use with great success.

Steve

#25 ·
I have to say, I vote for Steve's idea. This is actually a spectacular idea. This way, you can put it by your bed and go to sleep and as long as you have the volume up a little bit, it should wake you up if something's going down. Try to park your car away from areas that may still have some activity through the night to reduce the chance of a false-positive (so to speak) waking you up. Thumbs up to Steve on this one, in my book. :thumbsup::thumbup:

#28 ·
Well the shit stopped happening.

I noticed this othe guys car in the complex keeps having different shit written on his car. He's a bit of a douche and I think he or his friends did this to my car. I've noticed he doesn't speak or acknowledge me. No idea who the guy is really. Maybe his gf sweats me or something.

Anyways... I noticed his car had tow markings on it, license plate has been removed and now has his friends driving him around. No idea what this guy did but karma is a *****. I'll let it slide... For now.

If this Dude messes with my bike though... 5.56 round is going through his engine block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.