Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#2,062 · (Edited)
While SY can be a more difficult color to match, modern technology makes it a lot easier to get an accurate match.
Many many moons ago I worked at a place that sold automotive paint to local body shops and for the tricky stuff the shop would send a painted piece off the car back to our shop for our own custom matching. Now they have light scanners and stuff.

#2,066 · (Edited)
One of these years someone is going to runthefuckover a whole bunch of them and they won't be charged with anything.

Eventually Darwin will have his day with that group.

#2,065 · (Edited)
I went for a nice little ride this morning. Jealous?
You shouldn't be. I was in a borrowed company car. I had to go to Fayetteville yesterday and came back going down the Pig Trail this morning.

I did however have 2 white knuckle passes around 18wheelers. It would have been easy on the STR but in a 4 banger automatic with crappy tires, it was just adventurous. Especially the one I passed in the tight hairpin section.:laugh:

It did give me an itch to get back there and ride though.

Attachments

#2,072 ·
:rofl2:
She has still shaved. This ain't the 70's no more. :bandana:
Yeah...this is her last free weekend until october 15th. Now I've got more time to ride and hunt birds. :smile:

#2,073 ·
Happy & Safe riding guys..... I am about to be heading out myself and enjoy some twisty goodness.

#2,080 ·
If you guys ever plan a daytrip that takes you to the Pig Trail let me know. I could meet up briefly and ride back. Takes me about 3 1/2 hours to get to the Turners bend store so I could meet there before 10am, ride awhile, then come back.
But I'll be seeing you guys in 3 weeks or so anyay

#2,083 · (Edited)
I put in 300+ miles today and was fairly close to the Talimina Drive but it was a long day and the Harley riders I was with didn't want to stay out another 3 1/2 hours to go that far in the heat.
I have got to find some sportbike riders around here that like to pack on the miles.

#2,087 ·
I always here about videos but they seldom show up on here!!!
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Go figure I get some video and am ready to edit it all & the laptop gets a Virus... once I have a new laptop or fix this one I will get to work I have 16 Gigs of material.

Glad to hear others were out there riding this weekend, pretty sure I managed almost 600 from my base of Operation.

#2,092 ·
Those that like to argue about the standard model not having enough fork travel for riders over 180 pounds should watch this, lol. You had plenty of travel left. Granted, there was no hard braking, but the suspension could easily handle sane road speeds and handling. :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.