Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#1,821 ·
I've got mine staying on the charger now, just to prolong battery life. I've taken a few short rides and tomorrow I'm riding to work.

#1,822 ·
SHORAI for the win... have you not heard?

On a sidenote, WTF i never got my goodie bag from the ratRaid,, i need a new T-shirt damn it!

#1,824 ·
Brick and Mortar, whats that?
Online all the way...shops charge way more on most things than I am willing to pay.

#1,825 ·
I agree, but if I remember correctly, Tom's battery died on a Sunday, and he wanted to get the bike up and running ASAP, thus sourcing a battery locally. Not sure if he has anything on the bike that had a constant draw or not, which would have excluded a lithium battery like the Shorai.

When I got my last battery, the only place in town that had one that would work was Batteries Plus. I don't like it as well as the Yausa, but it works OK. Doesn't have the same cranking amps as the Yausa.

#1,826 ·
I still have the original batteries in all of my bikes. Never been charged, never been out of the bike, temps in the winter down to -30 degrees f.
Nearly 100,000 on the Goldwing.
:nod:

#1,840 ·
So been testing out the new camera, stuck a mount on my Bell, and it is pretty cool. Good picture, just need to get a suction mount for the bike for trackdays.

Though I am now wanting to get the one with GPS.

Also Contour camera seems like a great and well laid out, but the customer support seems to be lacking, which kind of sucks, but other than that the software and the camera are great so far.

#1,845 ·
OK I didn't want to give this up information but I figure I would now... There was a reason I could walk the people I rode with In Arkansas... The secret is the SAI removal!:nod:

#1,847 ·
Some of us run sport touring tires and just aren't quite as willing to push as hard. Not to mention you have the added advantage of Rossi, Spies and 'Mr. Olins' :smilielol5:

#1,848 ·
Some of us run sport touring tires and just aren't quite as willing to push as hard. Not to mention you have the added advantage of Rossi, Spies and 'Mr. Olins' :smilielol5:
This is the one of those times you have to wait for Someone to chime in how good sport touring tires are. The Bullshit line of you are not pushing them hard enough to need Super/hyper sport tires on the street. etc etc.

Tom, next time I see you If i slap you lightly on the face it is just to remind you DO NOT EVER use Rossi as a comparison for me, I hate that guy!... But it the slap will be because i love you man!

I am thinking of doing a little test, some back to back riding of a "Hypersport" S20 tire VS a sport touring BT-023 or Dunlop roadsmart II.. The road smart is supposed to have the same edge compund as the Qualifiers, but harder wider middle. Hate to possibly waste $3xx but that way i can make a 100% factual for me statement regarding this difference in tire.

#1,849 ·
I get 10,000+ miles on the Roadsmarts on my FZ1. I love 'em. Great grip.
That includes twisty miles in Montana, Wyoming, Arkansas, southern Wisconsin, and the Black Hills.
I now have a new RS2 on the front, and a rear waiting to go on.

#1,850 ·
Hey Tom, don't forget that Mark runs sport-touring tires on his FZ-1, lol.

I could ride faster, but a few things hold me back:

1. Fear of losing license.
2. I want a second or two to process what comes around that blind corner.
3. Don't want to make you'all feel bad because some "sexy old dude" smoked your butt. :rofl2:

Back in May I ripped lower 123 really hard - JD, you would have been impressed, lol.

#1,852 ·
Good to hear you picked up your pace, as you ride moer twisties and actually push yourself a bit what seemed fast is not fast any longer.. like lifting weights, you start out with 30lb dumbells and for some of us your at 55lbs in no time... others might take far longer.. All about the fun though.
I will get a video up this by next of either Mckenzie pass or this little gem of a road i found. Not for people who have a large fear of tight spaces and blind corners.

#1,853 ·
What holds me back:

1. Lack of skill and experience.
2. Lack of Mr. Ohlins
3. I'm a team player and so by me being slow, I can boost everyone else's self esteem. You're welcome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
well this is a debatable topic.. Depending on the bike Ohlins equals to same as the japanese stuff.
If you have not spent the time with the stock componants, you really do not have a need for aftermarket. They all require time and adjusting settings, and depending on the road that changes.
For the rides i did in MO/AR i know i can run basically track settings as the roads are smooth and generally very well maintained.. Here in oregon i have to take pre-load out fo the suspension as we have far to many, dips, rough patches, and sections where there is actually ridges and washed out areas under the road making a pothole without the asphalt being broken.. greta way to get tossed out fo the seat or high sided.

Brett i have to ask, what have you done with your current suspension and beside the bling what would bring you to saying you need ohlins?
your bike is an R right?
wh

#1,856 ·
I am sure bridgestone has something to do with that, love them stickers wherever the camera is looking..His verbage says they are a good tire, slides & spins predicably.. Being in the UK running something like a BT003 or Pirelli super Corsa could really screwe you over as they do not like wet conditions. They are the replacement for the Bt-023 which many say are a good STREET tire. I have thought about trying the Bt-023 rear with a S20 front.. would be a good compromise for daily riding and some mountain runs.

#1,857 ·
My gut feeling, and what I have seen/read, is that any of the sport-touring tires (PR2/3, Roadsmart/Angel/T30) will handle anything you can throw at them, especially on public roads. Where the sport tires (Q2/3, S20, PP) win out is the "feel" of the grip at full lean. From the information I've seen, the "sport" tires really don't have that more (if any) grip than the "sport-touring" tires. The sport tires also are lighter and tend to turn-in a little easier.

Most of this tire shat is in the riders head anymore, unless you are a really good rider. Modern tire technology is pretty impressive! :bowdown:

#1,860 ·
My gut feeling, and what I have seen/read, is that any of the sport-touring tires (PR2/3, Roadsmart/Angel/T30) will handle anything you can throw at them, especially on public roads. Where the sport tires (Q2/3, S20, PP) win out is the "feel" of the grip at full lean. From the information I've seen, the "sport" tires really don't have that more (if any) grip than the "sport-touring" tires. The sport tires also are lighter and tend to turn-in a little easier.

Most of this tire shat is in the riders head anymore, unless you are a really good rider. Modern tire technology is pretty impressive! :bowdown:
As the saying goes, put on the tire that works best for you and the riding you are doing.
And what exactly is a good rider? :noclue:

#1,865 ·
I'm changing my blinker fluid next weekend. It's long overdue.:afraid:

#1,866 ·
Well guys, not motorcycle related but I took a position today at Heim-Young and Associates. They do financial advising/retirement planning. That's what I wanted to get into so this will be a good start. Twice what I am currently making and 8-5 M-F. Weekends for riding. I guess it is motorcycle related after all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.