Triumph 675 Forums banner

2007 Daytona Projectors

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  losichu 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I've been looking around the forums and I see a lot of the 2006-2012 daytonas have regular halogen headlights, but my 07 I picked up a few weeks ago has projectors. So there's not a lot of project or mod threads with projector headlights that I can find here.

I'm wanting to switch out the projector bulbs for some white LEDs to help with riding in the dark as well as daytime visibility. (plus it just looks awesome)

Do any of you with projector lights have experience switching them to LED lights?

#2 ·
I believe the 2006 - 2012 Daytonas came from the factory with halogen bulbs in projector headlights. From 2013 on they were standard headlights and halogen bulbs. You can change the bulbs in your bike to whatever you want, just be aware that projector headlamps "project" the light differently than standards, so the type of bulb you use may effect the output. I have heard the OPT7 LED bulbs are very good, but I just ordered mine and haven't tried it yet in my 2006. I currently run a Xentec HID setup that works fine but the low beam died. There are plenty of threads on this forum for headlights, none of them is going to be a perfect solution, but if you know what you want in terms of output, the solution exists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.