Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#386 · (Edited)
Be careful sleeping in same room with Ardell. He'll try to kick your ass in your sleep if you snore. :chair:

#388 ·
Be careful sleeping in same room with Ardell. He'll try to kick your ass in your sleep if you snore. :chair:
On a sidenote i can not confirm the assault on Tom, but i know a certain someone was trying to kill us with a EVIL NASAL INGESTED NERVE AGENT!:whistle:

#383 ·
I believe it's April 25-28 (official dates). But folks come-go anytime. They have a banquet and prize drawings. I think everyone takes something home, I won a shirt and traded JD for his hat, lol. Tom knows more about the details, he can hook you up with their facebook page or something.

Last year, TWW, ssbfgc and I arrived on a Wednesday evening, rode all day Thurs, Fri and Sat (jdgun_13 caught up with us Sat). We had a great time, weather was good, got to meet Arkansas finest. :whistle:

#396 ·
Yepper - that'd be the place. This time, the lady was there. She didn't appear to be packing, so I joked with her about the dude in the picture. She laughed, and promptly pulled a S&W 357mag from under the counter. I thought about it at the time, and realized the barrel was pointed at the front of the counter, where I was standing, aka one of those "under the table" shots.

#400 ·
Ardell pointed out that I dropped a quarter. I fell for it
:angry:

#406 ·
Well congrats to hear you are still kicking it!:whistle:

No riding here, went to the racetrack for my wife to buy a new horse.. Little guy took 3rd and i hit the trifecta! wish i bet $100 though.

Will hopefully have the triumph back tomorrow from the shop, new R/R and custom tune all done... sure hope she is not as week as she felt when i was riding her.:scooter:

#408 ·
I had plans to get out this weekend but had some things get in the way.
Car hassles:
I'm now car less. Sold my son's Civic SI that we took off his hands. Grand Cherokee was sold 2 weeks ago. Wife isn't allowed to drive the company car neither son lives at home (so both their cars are out) and no one else can ride the Triumph. Wife had planned to borrow her dads Mustang Vert for awhile but her sister put in a pre-emptive strike because her step daughters car died.
So I'm taking Friday off and heading to Dallas to get something decent for the wife. I happened to find a couple cars to look at near Moto Liberty. What are the chances of that.:whistle:

#409 ·
...I happened to find a couple cars to look at near Moto Liberty. What are the chances of that.:whistle:
Approach MotoLiberty from the north if possible (you know they moved, right?), it's a traffic clusterphuck with the LBJ widening project.

Been pretty slow here at work - I think I found a new route to try in Arkansas. The section near the "B" marker looks like it could be interesting, looks like some switchbacks.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Jasper,+AR&daddr=35.9733841,-93.2221624+to:AR-103+N+to:35.6209222,-93.6616961+to:AR-21+S+to:AR-74+E&hl=en&ll=35.825608,-93.365936&spn=1.058893,1.262054&sll=36.003563,-93.190155&sspn=0.528261,0.631027&geocode=FcRwJQId-hVy-inXUaYcypzOhzGPK4J6WaP6qQ%3BFQjpJAId7opx-iklmT45iYTOhzG7WN5ZQL9hmQ%3BFQAjHwIdygVs-g%3BFTqIHwIdANZq-imLJbxHyg7MhzHOPIXh49AovA%3BFU_SJQIdy6lt-g%3BFWOHJQId9eNx-g&mra=dme&mrsp=5&sz=11&via=1,3&t=m&z=10

#412 · (Edited)
This one is wife's call. We have a list of about 12 to potentially look at and the first 4 we plan to make an offer on before moving on to the next one. All are 2009. Either Audi A4 S-Line Cabriolet, or Mercedes C300 Sport and a few other German cars. She tends to alternate between cheaper car/flashy car. She just got rid of a 2006 Grand Cherokee with 86000 miles so now it's time to move up.(we really only have 1 car besides our kids cars and neither of them live with us anymore)
Since I spent a good chunk of her saved up car money on the Triumph, this is NOT a good time to tell her 'no'.
Personally, I hope we can work a deal on one of the Audi's because we had a C230 before the Grand Cherokee and the C230 build quality was crap, the transmission was questionable, and it was a bitch to get it sold down the road.

#415 · (Edited)
Looking at this and another one nearly identical to it:

This might also set the stage for me picking up a cheap older pickup to haul the bike around in. Need to see how many times we have to borrow a Truck/Suv because we cant haul something in my Fusion.
I will HATE having a black car again if we get this one. Last black car I tried to be one of those anal retentive detail freaks. 2 buckets to wash the car (one wash one rinse) clay bars, Zaino wax, quick detailer spray every couple days. It's time consuming to keep one looking good.
I'll also hate having some car payments again

#416 ·
eeek....reading reviews of the 2.0T with CVT transmission are not good. Reliable but painfully slow according to most reviews. She's not looking for something 'fast' or at least not by my standards 'fast', but she does have a lead foot and the Audi might not work out. She had a backup C300 that every available options and she was sure she would take as a second choice but looks like that one sold yesterday. So I guess the game plan now is test drive the Audi, if it drives good buy it and if not, move on to a list of BMW/Merc that is a mile long.

#417 ·
Well Tom if it makes you feel any better about spending the money on your bike, My back to back butt dyno was pretty much right.
Based off magazine dyno's of yours & Ardell's bikes, you guys should be putting down the same if not a tad more power to the ground than Ol Yeller....:tissue:

Will post up my dyno results in the mod section.

#418 ·
Well Tom if it makes you feel any better about spending the money on your bike, My back to back butt dyno was pretty much right.
Based off magazine dyno's of yours & Ardell's bikes, you guys should be putting down the same if not a tad more power to the ground than Ol Yeller....:tissue:

Will post up my dyno results in the mod section.
oh no we need mo powwwwer....sound the alarm

#426 ·
With our bikes, it's pretty hard to discern the real engine differences away from the riding position, the exhaust note and aerodynamic feedback. I'm sure the Daytona's top end would show up once over 130 or so, but it's a little difficult to do that on public streets without having sweat seep out of your balls. I enjoy riding both equally - but everyone I know is selling off for a Striple. :whistle:

JD - with your knees the way they are - I'd strip the goodies off the Daytona and either sell or trade it for a Striple. You know you wanna. You've got first-hand experience now with the front-end swap mod.

#434 ·
This is starting to look like a ploy by JD get all of us to agree that his Daytona is worn out so he can show this thread to his wife and let US convince her that he needs a new bike. :laugh:
After i got back with the bike and she asked how it went and i said i have a TERD, she said then sell it.. how nice of her :curtsey:
Hmmm 1098 & 675 for a 675R?... clean up the garage a bit and a new bike! Hey Tom could sell you some ohlins equipped forks then!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.