All Black 2013+ D675R Pics - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 18 Old 01-27-17, 18:23 Thread Starter
FluoroNeuro

All Black 2013+ D675R Pics

Hey all,

I have a 2015 matte black D675R and I'm not really feeling the silver bits.

I am trying to figure out if I want to get someone to paint them matte black or if I want to replace them with matte carbon fiber (opinions?) and I'm trying to find some images to support each.

I found a forum member here with a beautiful 2015 matte black Daytona with the matte carbon fiber and it's beautiful, but I do notice it's a little "grey" when sitting next to the black. So that has me thinking that maybe it would be cheaper and more consistent to just get the fairings painted. However, I cannot, for the life of me, find any pics of a 2015 matte black all blacked out. I'll even take a 2013 in the gloss finish in all black if someone has pics.

I did a quick and dirty Photoshop job but it's a little hard to fully sell myself on the idea with that. I guess I just don't want to have my stock fairings painted and then regret it and have to shell out another $500 to get the silver ones back, or if I want to sell the bike in stock form or whatever.

Finally, when talking aesthetics, it's always cool to get an idea of what other people think. Purely opinion — Do you guys like the silver, or would you opt to replace it? I'm normally a red bike kinda guy but I got a great deal on the matte black so I'm trying to make do with it now.

edit: Just to note since there is an opinionated aesthetic aspect to my question… I also think I'm going to get the rims painted red to match the subframe. A mostly black red/black scheme seems to be pretty murderous. Just thought I'd mention that if it helps anyone get a complete idea of what I'm wanting to do. Cheers!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-27-17, 20:07
Benisuzume

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluoroNeuro View Post
Hey all,

I have a 2015 matte black D675R and I'm not really feeling the silver bits.

I am trying to figure out if I want to get someone to paint them matte black or if I want to replace them with matte carbon fiber (opinions?) and I'm trying to find some images to support each.

I found a forum member here with a beautiful 2015 matte black Daytona with the matte carbon fiber and it's beautiful, but I do notice it's a little "grey" when sitting next to the black. So that has me thinking that maybe it would be cheaper and more consistent to just get the fairings painted. However, I cannot, for the life of me, find any pics of a 2015 matte black all blacked out. I'll even take a 2013 in the gloss finish in all black if someone has pics.

I did a quick and dirty Photoshop job but it's a little hard to fully sell myself on the idea with that. I guess I just don't want to have my stock fairings painted and then regret it and have to shell out another $500 to get the silver ones back, or if I want to sell the bike in stock form or whatever.

Finally, when talking aesthetics, it's always cool to get an idea of what other people think. Purely opinion — Do you guys like the silver, or would you opt to replace it? I'm normally a red bike kinda guy but I got a great deal on the matte black so I'm trying to make do with it now.

edit: Just to note since there is an opinionated aesthetic aspect to my question… I also think I'm going to get the rims painted red to match the subframe. A mostly black red/black scheme seems to be pretty murderous. Just thought I'd mention that if it helps anyone get a complete idea of what I'm wanting to do. Cheers!

Thanks!
I got rid of my silver too. The undertail I wrapped with matte black vinyl and the and lower panels I wrapped with red reflective vinyl with a honeycomb print. Even wrapped the little silver stripes above the headlights red. All matte black could look nice too. Honestly, most of the carbon fiber I've seen, especially on the lower fairing bits, always just looks black until you're up close.

Mine is the black and red one at the bottom of this page
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...=55480&page=83

There are plenty of examples of carbon fiber bits on some of the "post pics of your 675R" section, probably some black ones too (as there are hundreds of pages).

The Following User Says Thank You to Benisuzume For This Useful Post:
FluoroNeuro (01-30-17)
post #3 of 18 Old 01-27-17, 23:51
Shamrock

The Following User Says Thank You to Shamrock For This Useful Post:
FluoroNeuro (01-30-17)

post #4 of 18 Old 01-28-17, 05:15 Thread Starter
FluoroNeuro
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benisuzume View Post
I got rid of my silver too. The undertail I wrapped with matte black vinyl and the and lower panels I wrapped with red reflective vinyl with a honeycomb print. Even wrapped the little silver stripes above the headlights red. All matte black could look nice too. Honestly, most of the carbon fiber I've seen, especially on the lower fairing bits, always just looks black until you're up close.

Mine is the black and red one at the bottom of this page
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...=55480&page=83

There are plenty of examples of carbon fiber bits on some of the "post pics of your 675R" section, probably some black ones too (as there are hundreds of pages).
Awesome, thanks for the link! Your Daytona is gorgeous! Really cool looking bike. I'm not experienced in vinyl wrapping, but it's great to know that's a viable option. Good food for thought. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Yes! This is the one I was talking about with the carbon fiber bits. I just PMed the owner for some details. In the pic you linked, it looks quite black. I saw a different, more brightly lit picture of it. Looks pretty solid. The carbon fiber is tempting because it's a cool semi-practical upgrade as well as an aesthetic upgrade.
post #5 of 18 Old 01-28-17, 07:52
torana9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluoroNeuro View Post
Awesome, thanks for the link! Your Daytona is gorgeous! Really cool looking bike. I'm not experienced in vinyl wrapping, but it's great to know that's a viable option. Good food for thought. Thanks a lot!

Yes! This is the one I was talking about with the carbon fiber bits. I just PMed the owner for some details. In the pic you linked, it looks quite black. I saw a different, more brightly lit picture of it. Looks pretty solid. The carbon fiber is tempting because it's a cool semi-practical upgrade as well as an aesthetic upgrade.
That's actually an older pic. At that point in time it was vinyl wrapped. Hard to tell from the dark pic..

2015 Daytona 675R
The Following User Says Thank You to torana9x For This Useful Post:
FluoroNeuro (01-30-17)
post #6 of 18 Old 01-30-17, 12:53 Thread Starter
FluoroNeuro
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torana9x View Post
That's actually an older pic. At that point in time it was vinyl wrapped. Hard to tell from the dark pic..
Good to see you here! Great to know, thanks!
post #7 of 18 Old 01-31-17, 17:11
Simplicity

I hated the grey bits on my old 2013 red Daytona. When I wrecked it and bought a new 2016 Daytona I went with matte black. I'm not overly fond of the grey bits on my black Daytona, but I think it looks much better than any of the other available color options.

If you decide to change it I would personally love to see what it looks like if the grey bits were the right shade of blue or green. Maybe have just the parts near the headlights blue/green and the rest matte black? That may be a bit much, but it might look slick as hell. Just a thought.

Just because, here's a pic of my 2013 Daytona in Daytona.

http://i.imgur.com/0E3sYwV.jpg

I tried to embed the photo in the post but failed and gave up trying.
post #8 of 18 Old 01-31-17, 18:05
Grazzo

Garage
Red face

I have a 2015 STR in Matte Black and I did the Daytona tail conversion and had it painted to match. I painted the lower section of the tail that you guys have as grey Matte black as well. The issue with it is rock chips in that area. The STR has a black lower portion of the tail but it is a black plastic. To have those parts paint matched matte black should only be a few hundred bucks.

- Grazzo
post #9 of 18 Old 01-31-17, 18:29
bill_yyy

Here's one of mine ;)

Work in progress though

I'm planning on replacing the silver bits with gloss carbon fibre and the black bits with matte carbon fibre, just having trouble sourcing all the parts I want.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-05-17, 17:04
SingR

Nicely executed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_yyy View Post
Here's one of mine ;)

Work in progress though

I'm planning on replacing the silver bits with gloss carbon fibre and the black bits with matte carbon fibre, just having trouble sourcing all the parts I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement