2017 Daytona 675 - Page 8 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #71 of 81 Old 06-30-16, 11:13
nyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Reading an article today about the CBR600 being killed off (which was already public info), I came across a little section at the bottom that's relevant to us...

Triumph Daytona 675

Triumph were the last manufacturer to release an all-new bike with the latest Daytona 675 but the company admitted that bike only went ahead because so much time and money had already been spent on it before the global financial meltdown of 2009. Had that bike been a bit less developed Triumph official admitted it would have been mothballed and never seen the light of day. MCN understands the next Daytona (still at least a year away) will ditch the 675cc inline three-cylinder motor and go up in capacity to a 765cc motor to make it an even better road bike.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2...rr-killed-off/
i actually read this same exact article yesterday. think i found it through Reddit.

Was talking about it with my friend, and it seems most likely they'll up the 675cc to a 765cc like the street triple

kinda sad, never knew the 600cc was dying off.. but now i can see why ducati is going from 848 to 899, and now 959

always wondered why they kept upping it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 81 Old 07-15-16, 09:15
Lightning

Hi guys. I am from India and have recently booked a Daytona 675 R / White and planning to take the delivery on 5th September( The bike is already in stock at the dealership). I started to worry a bit because of all the blogs and few websites stating that the 675 R or rather the Daytona is going to be discontinued and the production is already stopped in UK.

So what do you guys suggest to me should I go ahead and still buy it despite it being discontinued or should I go for Ducati panigale 959, MV Agusta F3 800?

I just Love the jet/whistle sound of the inline 3 of 675 which the Ducatis or Jap bikes do not have they have a very grunty exhaust sound and 675 being only 184 Kg is also a plus.

Please fellow members ITT what are your suggestions for me?

On road price of 675 R is 20895 USD and the other option is Ducati 959 Panigale for 24646 USD.
post #73 of 81 Old 07-15-16, 10:36
Darkness14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Hi guys. I am from India and have recently booked a Daytona 675 R / White and planning to take the delivery on 5th September( The bike is already in stock at the dealership). I started to worry a bit because of all the blogs and few websites stating that the 675 R or rather the Daytona is going to be discontinued and the production is already stopped in UK.

So what do you guys suggest to me should I go ahead and still buy it despite it being discontinued or should I go for Ducati panigale 959, MV Agusta F3 800?

I just Love the jet/whistle sound of the inline 3 of 675 which the Ducatis or Jap bikes do not have they have a very grunty exhaust sound and 675 being only 184 Kg is also a plus.

Please fellow members ITT what are your suggestions for me?

On road price of 675 R is 20895 USD and the other option is Ducati 959 Panigale for 24646 USD.

From the rumors I hear is that everyone is pulling out of the 600cc class since the cost to produce them isn't much different than producing the 1000cc class. As for triumph I read that they will possibly discontinue the 675 and upgrade the engine to 765 instead so that they can still compete in the sport bike world

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free Appb
-

post #74 of 81 Old 07-15-16, 11:57
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post

I don't understand what exactly your reservations are. New bikes will likely be available through 2017 and even if they do discontinue the model, the brand will still be around for a long, long time to support you with parts and service. Buy the bike you want.

The Panigale is nice but I'd much rather have a Triumph. The MV is a stunning, polished turd and it looks like the company is going under (again), so future support is questionable.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
Squidsquiddly (07-22-16)
post #75 of 81 Old 07-15-16, 14:39
Lightning

Thanks for the replies @Darkness14 and @MGFChapin . As you stated that the parts availability is really not a issue even if its discontinued is quite assuring and I absolutely love the 675 R and will go ahead on my purchase.

I also agree with you on buying a 675 instead of Ducati as its not as practical and as sweet sounding as the 675 R and MV Agusta is only looks, and with the company filing for bankruptcy I better stay away from it.

Now of to my search for Arrow/Akra exhaust and dreaming till the delivery date because for some stupid reason the OEM Arrow Exhaust which we could buy here legally without voiding warranty has been stopped by triumph due to poor fuel combustion problem or some other emission related stuff so I will have to buy a new one and void the 2 years warranty for it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Lightning; 07-15-16 at 14:58.
post #76 of 81 Old 07-16-16, 23:05
luciano136

Parts availability is guaranteed for at least 10 years after production ends. The MV F3 800 is on my list as well but that brand has definitely a more questionable future.

I also rode a Panigale 959; it's a nice bike but I wasn't overly impressed with it. The 675 has a lot more character and feels lighter and more nimble.

Besides, if you're going to pay top dollar for an Italian bike, go with the RSV4 or Tuono. WAY more entertaining than Ducati IMO.
post #77 of 81 Old 09-09-16, 08:17
JJR

Garage
Just uploaded on Youtube, hard to say if he's mistaken and it's a left over 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlMPqrUau2w

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
post #78 of 81 Old 09-09-16, 12:02
Redline87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR View Post
Just uploaded on Youtube, hard to say if he's mistaken and it's a left over 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlMPqrUau2w
He's clueless. It may be a 2017 but this guy cant ride for shit. Its hilarious the amount of clingons making bike decisions based on stuff he says.

Redline87 on Youtube: youtube.com/redline87vlogs
2014 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sophia)
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 (Rilee)*Murdered 9/12/2014*
post #79 of 81 Old 09-09-16, 12:13
FieryGasoline

Garage
Was in the Triumph dealership in Edinburgh (UK) a few weeks ago test riding a Daytona and when I enquired about pricing was told if I wanted one brand new to get one quick as due to them not meeting emissions regulations there wont be a 2017 model in the UK!
post #80 of 81 Old 09-09-16, 12:47
JJR

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline87 View Post
He's clueless. It may be a 2017 but this guy cant ride for shit. Its hilarious the amount of clingons making bike decisions based on stuff he says.
I'm not a subscriber, showed up on my home page suggestions, just saying he's claiming it's a 2017 model. I posted a comment asking if he's sure it was a 2017 model and not a left over 2016.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement