Triumph 675 Forums banner

showroom to ama ss spec in 3 days

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  DaytonaGabe 
#1 ·
#2 ·
hello:
"Since there was plenty of space to work with the exhaust removed, we took this opportunity to attach a new, race-proven, Apex Mfg oil heat exchanger. (Soon to be released for public sale) This item is a must have for track-ridden Triumphs, as it is much stronger than the original piece and will withstand constant high RPM operation. "

#5 ·
Unless I missed something, the article said that 90% of the work was done at the racetrack. It is possible that the other 10% means that there was some engine work done prior to shipping the bike to the track for the assembly of the rest of the pieces. You never know. I figured that there would have to be some engine work done to be competitive at that level of racing, so I just assume that the remaining 10% referred to that.

#9 ·
Hey guys, I'm the one with the bike. It does have spec AMA SS engine components too. I just never mentioned it! All I'm looking to do is race WERA next season with it to get my foot in the door in racing. I didn't do to bad this year considering I had my first track day in early June, and got my first street bike (ever!) in May, and got up to Advanced pace!

#11 ·
Hey guys, I'm the one with the bike. It does have spec AMA SS engine components too. I just never mentioned it! All I'm looking to do is race WERA next season with it to get my foot in the door in racing. I didn't do to bad this year considering I had my first track day in early June, and got my first street bike (ever!) in May, and got up to Advanced pace!
So what was done to the motor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.