Triumph 675 Forums banner

2012 CCS season in the books!

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Rink675 
#1 ·
Well guys, I just figured I'd give you an update on the closing of the 2012 CCS season. It was my first year racing and I had a ton of fun and met some great people! It was a tough one as I blew my freshened engine on the first round of the year and had to start from square one engine wise...

All in all I learned a ton! My pace picked up steadily through the year and I look forward to learning from the really quick guys as an expert next year.

My stats for the year are:
48 races entered
26 wins
38 podiums
#2 overall regional amateur
4 regional titles(1 runner up)
2 national titles(2 runner ups)

The little Trumpy held her own and seeing as I'm the only guy in the Florida region that races a 675, I think I may have drawn some attention to our great little bike!:bowdown:

#3 ·
:notworthy:

#5 ·
Well guys, I just figured I'd give you an update on the closing of the 2012 CCS season. It was my first year racing and I had a ton of fun and met some great people! It was a tough one as I blew my freshened engine on the first round of the year and had to start from square one engine wise...

All in all I learned a ton! My pace picked up steadily through the year and I look forward to learning from the really quick guys as an expert next year.

My stats for the year are:
48 races entered
26 wins
38 podiums
#2 overall regional amateur
4 regional titles(1 runner up)
2 national titles(2 runner ups)

The little Trumpy held her own and seeing as I'm the only guy in the Florida region that races a 675, I think I may have drawn some attention to our great little bike!:bowdown:
Nice dude, great way to start your first year of racing for sure! Making any changes to the bike during the off season?

#10 ·
Congrats man, well done. :thumbup:

#13 ·
Yeah Tony, I also have to move to expert. Definitely a safer environment as well.

#16 ·
Nice rookie season!:thumbup:Good luck next year. How long did you do trackdays before racing?
I bought my first road bike in June 08'(Speed Triple), and did 10-12 TD's on it...bought my 675 in June 10' and did 10-12 TD's on it...I did 2 race weekends last season to see if I liked it more, which I did..

I planned on doing a full season this year, but a blown engine round 1 kept me from attending RRR, and I missed the July RRR....Had I done those 2 rounds I may have clinched the overall #1 and that 5th regional title....no worries as I'm still blown away with what I accomplished...

FWIW, I grew up racing BMX, and riding dirt....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.