Triumph 675 Forums banner

Radiator Guard on Daytona 675

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Marcismo55 
#1 ·
So I just added a radiator guard on my FZ 07 and it got me thinking whether I should add one to the Daytona. What is you all's opinion on putting a radiator guard on a fully faired biked? Worth it or not?

#2 ·
if you have the money go for it

#7 ·
Make sure you clean behind it occasionally I've seen plenty of holes caused by rocks wedged between guards and the radiator. The vibration a from the bike cause the rock to wear through the radiator. Personally as warm as our bikes run I don't want to put anything in front of the radiator. Even the most open screen still restricts a significant amount of air flow.

#8 ·
I've fitted one on every bike I've owned since my ZX-7R in 1996. That was a brand new bike (faired) and within 500 miles had a fair number of dents in the fins due to stones being thrown up by the front wheel. Much cheaper to buy a guard than buy a new radiator. And also hopefully prevent being stranded out on the road or having your track time stopped prematurely.

Definitely fit one if I were you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.