Triumph 675 Forums banner

Funny Story

979 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mick Argo 
#1 ·
Out for a ride on my 675R with my girlfriend on her CBR300 this past weekend when her bike randomly stalled out after 3+ hours of riding. We pull off the road, and begin problem solving. The bike starts without issue, however once it is given some throttle, it would stall out. We were thinking maybe bad gas, couldn't figure it out. I get on the phone with her dealership, insurance company, and tow service. An hour and a half in, and 30 minutes from the tow truck getting there, I find a allen wrench in her bike (she told me she had no tools), and I take off her seat. Mind you, I am not mechnically skilled, so I would only be looking for something obvious like a frayed wire. Upon removing her seat, we find that 3 of her credit cards had fallen out of her wallet, and were resting near the intake. GET THIS, every time the suction became strong enough, it would pull the credit cards to the mouth of the intake, stalling the bike out...2 hours later (while dressed in my all black racing suit, and sweating bullets) we were back on the road again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.