Triumph 675 Forums banner

What did you do to your Street Triple today?

1M views 7K replies 630 participants last post by  Joe Garfield 
#1 ·
I installed the rest of my frame sliders from motovation. Got the front, rear and engine ones done... and did the rim tape yesterday :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Oh and I installed my rizoma spools for my rear stand that are in gold. I like the way they look.

Thanks! Nope, knee does not touch the slider at all. I have about 3 inches if I am sitting all the way forward on the seat.

Now you just need to take the reflectors off the front fender.
Yes, I plan to, I keep forgetting lol

#6 ·
Oh boy..... This thread subject has been started before. Please don't take this the wrong way, but too much good info get buried really deep in a thread like this (SVRider's thread with this same name is over 8,600 pages deep and running). A thread like this will render the search tool virtually useless.

#19 · (Edited)
107° today - rode it 100 miles to the dealer for 12,000 mile service and another ballsweat-inducing 100 mile ride back. Just .... damn.

edit.. While waiting at the dealership, he let me ride a Bonneville to go get something to eat, a Harley Davidson XL-something Sportster out of boredom, a Tiger 800XC just because and a SprintGT 1050 because he caught me sitting on it, lol.

The Bonnie - it's retro cool, but was like riding a stiff rag, there was not much twisting or leaning to be had. It would be OK for around town commuter.

The H-D - All I have to say is "why would anyone buy this?"

The SprintGT - I could totally own one of these some day. Great highway-burner, comfy but firm.

I would not even think about trading my Striple for any of these.

#20 ·
Did you wait at the dealer all day for that or did you have a ride somewhere.

107° today - rode it 100 miles to the dealer for 12,000 mile service and another ballsweat-inducing 100 mile ride back. Just .... damn.

#23 ·
The 500 mile service should not take more than 1-1/2 hours. That will leave you just enough time to sit on all the different models, take a wizz, shoot some bull and maybe your dealer will be nice enough to let you test ride something.
I'm constantly turning down my dealer's offers to ride stuff when there (used inventory - which he has a good amount of), new bikes are pretty much off-limits, lol. I like riding all the stuff, just don't care for the potential liability issues.

#25 ·
well today I am doing my oil change on the bike. Yesterday I checked all the bolts on the bike and re-torqued everything, checked all the controls, etc. Adjusted the chain to near perfect, wheel alignment is perfect, I just have bug splatter all over the dam engine covers!

#27 ·
Changed my oil and installed the qwikvalve. For the life of me, I could NOT get it to be pointed at the top, I tried many ways and couldn't get it so it is what it is. I will be covering this up with a belly pan hopefully soon.

Attachments

#28 ·
I decided to play around with tire pressure today on my street triple r...

Originally had mine set at about 38/39 rear and 32 psi front. I figured the front was too low, so I raised it to about 34/35 psi....

Took the bike for a spin, and immediately did not like it. Felt like the front was going to wash out on me in moderate leans. I didn't get much feel either, almost as if there would be no warning. I guess I'll lower it back to 32 again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.