Triumph 675 Forums banner

Good bye- ny.....hello ca!!

4K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  air_odie 
#1 ·
SO my family and I start our EPIC move from ft. DrUM NY to Fort Irwin CA!! on weds....

as I settle the last few things and pick up the truck to load on MON!! I can only imagine whats in store

I'm gonna be busy but hope to shine in occasional with some pics and what not

If anyone is interested!

my route is leave ft dum drive around the lake to my parents house in Detroit MI are because I have to many Canada illegal items this time.... then take a more southern route avoiding the mountains for the most part cause the wife and arrive at Irwin

Gonna be taking a few days Vacation at my parents house too!!

here are the major cities I hit.

DAYTON, OH
EFFINGHAM, IL
LEBANON, MO
TULSA, OK
SAYRE, OK
TUCUMCARI,NM
ALBUQURQUE, NM
WINSLOW, AZ
40/141
FORT IRWIN, CA

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey have a safe trip. Traveling through my neck of the woods.

#6 ·
Have a safe trip and fun in Ft. Irwin man. We used to go there and pretend to be the Russians back in the day.

#12 ·
Hey guys, I'd hate to hijack this thread, but can someone from Cali fill me in as to all the good spots, and why? Im really looking for a change. As much as I love Calgary, being born here, and living here for 30 years makes me want to see and experience something different for a home. I was thinking of checking out some job offers down in Cali, but you guys remark that LA is awful. What are some of the good places to look for? And the other not-so-good places to avoid?

Thanks a ton. PM me if you'd like... I'd love to hear from everybody.

#14 ·
Hey guys, I'd hate to hijack this thread, but can someone from Cali fill me in as to all the good spots, and why? Im really looking for a change. As much as I love Calgary, being born here, and living here for 30 years makes me want to see and experience something different for a home. I was thinking of checking out some job offers down in Cali, but you guys remark that LA is awful. What are some of the good places to look for? And the other not-so-good places to avoid?

Thanks a ton. PM me if you'd like... I'd love to hear from everybody.
Bay Area/NORCAL is where it's at.

#17 · (Edited)
^ Yeah thats what I figured. I think I'll fly down there at some point, and spend a week down there to see for myself.
Sure looks like an awesome place just about anywhere you go.

Hows the girl situation down there? I cant fucking stand girls here in Calgary, just gold-digging ho bags.... seriously.

Some of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen are from Cali.

#19 ·
Hows the girl situation down there? I cant fucking stand girls here in Calgary, just gold-digging ho bags.... seriously.

Some of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen are from Cali.
haha, so true, that was my observation as well. In general, I found that between when I got there (2000) and left (2008), it changed from a genuine, hardworking kind of place to a superficial "keeping up with the Joneses" culture.

On your trip, check out San Diego. I've spent a little time there, and think that it is a fantastic town. I was like you, spent my entire life in Canada. Getting out and living in a different place can only be a good thing. Not saying that there's anything wrong with hoser life (I love it), but broad horizons and different experiences help to make sure that you don't end up wondering if you've enjoyed life as much as possible.

#20 ·
^ I agree 100%. At first I thought it was just me that came to that conclusion about Calgary girls, but no.... everybody noticed that as well.
Seriously, every guy thats in the game hates Calgary girls. Its great during Stampede, since we get girls from ALL over the world here, and its a fucking PARTY. but after those 10 days, its very depressing.
I've honestly fallen in love with so many chicks I've met from Cali, that along with the lifestyle & weather out there, its just like... "why am I still here? seriously?" :whistle:
Yeah San Diego is pretty high on my hit list of places to move to. :cool2:

#21 ·
While I dont live in Cali, I am not a fan of the southern part of the state, and love the north, great fly fishing up there and so much more peaceful than what people picture California being like. If I was to ever move to the west coast I would most likely move the northern Cali.

#22 ·
ft irlose california HAS and IS the WORST organization within the ARMY I have ever SERVED with......I am HALF WAY done with my sentence here and am very much questioning my choice to serve.........

I'll be back down south GA, AL if still in Army or BACK IN FLA USA if things go the way I WANT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.