Triumph 675 Forums banner

Good price for a titled frame?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MBZuki 
#1 ·
I think eBay prices are retarded for a damaged/salvaged BOS only frame, going for $500+?!
Is $1200 really the going rate for a 06+ frame? Or are we forum users a bit more kind to one another?

#3 ·
I think eBay prices are retarded for a damaged/salvaged BOS only frame, going for $500+?!

Is $1200 really the going rate for a 06+ frame? Or are we forum users a bit more kind to one another?
My experience on forums has been people generally way over value what they're selling and low ball what they're buying. Sounds like you're in the latter group.

It doesn't matter what you think it's worth. If every frame you're finding is over priced in your opinion, presumably they're still selling.

Good deals pop up frequently, however.

#4 ·
I don't lowball anybody, thank you. I know better than anyone that an item is worth what someone is willing to pay, and nothing more.

It was a simple question for the people who may have bought/sold a titled frame. I don't like eBay. I like Triumph675.net. That's why I'm posting here.

And who the hell is gonna pay $500 for a frame that's broke in pieces?

#5 ·
I don't lowball anybody, thank you. I know better than anyone that an item is worth what someone is willing to pay, and nothing more.

It was a simple question for the people who may have bought/sold a titled frame. I don't like eBay. I like Triumph675.net. That's why I'm posting here.

And who the hell is gonna pay $500 for a frame that's broke in pieces?
My apologies. I focused on the last question in your OP, which sounded more like a WTB post than a pricing inquiry.

#6 ·
Thanks. Not a WTB thread yet. I am checking the alignment this weekend then that will be the deciding factor. I have repaired the broken kickstand mount, as well as the steering stop, but I rode it recently for the first time in a year and noticed the upper triple is slightly crooked. So I'm going to put it on stands, mark the forks, release the clamps and see if it straightens or if I have bigger problems.
Currently I am window shopping for a frame 'just in case' and the bike just isn't worth the $1200, titling, and the labor. Which is disappointing but it's just a bike... I have another. 2 others in fact. But I love this one.

#8 · (Edited)
Well it's better. Not perfect, but better. I loosened up the front end and let it relax.

I rotated the forks in the collars without trouble. My original marks showed that the left fork tube rotated about 1/32 in the upper after re-torquing everything. So that's a bit promising but I'm not sold yet.

My alignment measurement (using a Bosch laser level and the rear tire as a baseline) was then 1/4" off from one side front rotor compared to the other side. I then moved my right rear axle adjuster 1/32" and I got the front to 1/8" difference between sides, which means that it's 1/16" off of center. I'm honestly going to grab a long aluminum straightedge and re-do my alignment check, I feel more comfortable 'seeing' the front rotor measurement.
So nothing new really, but I figured I'd report my findings. I really don't want to give up on this bike. It's the bike I bought the day I quit smoking 6+ years ago so I'm rather attached to it.
The ninja 250r that I'm selling will cover the cost of the frame if I need one, but the Daytona isn't worth any more than $800-1000 as it sits.

Or I can part out this bike and get my 250 track worthy.

Anyway, that's my story. That's why I originally asked about the cost of a frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.