Triumph 675 Forums banner

Rattle Can Paint Match - Tornado Red??

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  samgrylls 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a close color of rattle can spray paint that matches the tornado red? (07 675)

I was thinking about spraying a bunch of cards at home depot and bringing them home to see what matched the best.

MY Goal: Touchups.. noo not really Track Bodywork.. yes. I want it to match the tank. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I do not. I was looking for the red that matches my 2014 675R and asked about on here hoping to find the code for that color. No luck, so I went to the Triumph dealership in North Dallas to see if they either had the paint for me to purchase or at least had the codes. They said Triumph is one of the few places he's ever seen that seem to have no codes for their paint. He suggested taking the bike to a reputable paint shop. They can scan the color and match it for you exactly, and mix some up for you. Mine has a hint of metallic in it but I'm hoping this will work for me.

#4 ·
Paint matching is pretty tough in general, even if you get 'color matched' paints from Duplicolor or ColorRite. And even then, color is only half of it - it's hard to blend old and new paint without any obvious transitions, and without matching clearcoat, the difference in finish will be noticeable. My advice for scratches is to use a small brush and bottle instead of spray, since if you mask off the undamaged areas and spray you'll get raised paint lines, and if you don't, you'll get overspray that'll ruin your clearcoat. Or spray the entire piece so there's no transition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.