Triumph 675 Forums banner

coffman exh install and removing valve wires

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jumby993 
#1 ·
just got a 675R 2016 and ordered the Coffman exh/tip, whatever...
when I rip out the valve control wires from the original exhaust, is there anything else I need to do ? saw something called servo buddy on ebay...is that necessary to fool the bike into thinking the valves still exist?

I put an Austin racing slip on on my bmw s1kRR and had no issues after taking down the valve control on the exhaust and didn't have to put anything extra....

please advise,

james R
2016 675R; newbie

#2 ·
Hi Jjrho, I believe you need the servo buddy so it doesn't give you an engine error code. I also have a Coffman exhaust and think it looks the part. Enjoy you bike

#3 ·
servo issue on exhaust removal

ok, so, what if I just take the cables off the servo and let the servo just sit there.... then I won't need that servo buddy thing right ? I did same thing on the bmw s1000rr, put a shorty slip and removed the oem valved exh. and took the cable off the servo but left the servo in.... the servo weight is negligible vs the exhaust I am removing so...

am I right on not needing the 'servo buddy ' and no FI light of CEL on , if I just remove the cables and leave the 'servo' on the bike.... ?!??

j

#5 ·
I am also curious, so I ordered a exhaust and will be putting my input later next week. I believe you can leave the servo motor in, disconnect the wires and still receive NO FI light. IF anyone else has a answer for this, let us know so I can order a servo buddy sooner.

#7 ·
You really shouldn't just leave the servo and cables disconnected as the servo motor is actually quite heavy and it's easy to remove it all. Be sure to install a ServoBuddy or ESRM-2 (which is cheaper) and pull the wiring up under the tank. Otherwise, you will get a CEL error. Here's a link for the ESRM-2:

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander.aspx?mk=37&mdl=132&yr=2825

Also, you should get a new fueling map for these changes and that will require a module like a PCV as the ECU in 13+ Daytona is locked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.