Triumph 675 Forums banner

Picked up a 675, possible previous forum owner

797 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I picked up a 2007 Daytona 675 the other weekend. I hadn't posted here yet because it was sitting at a dealer waiting to get the R/R recall done so I could ride it. This will be my 4th bike, been riding for about 6 years now, with my third bike being a 2002 R1 I had for about 3 years I think. I was just curious if maybe the previous owner would recognize her if I posted about it, being someone who's always been on car forums I know how unlikely it is to randomly find something owned by a previous member. But it has all the mods done that you guys recommend so I figured there was a shot.

It has woodcraft rearsets, proton turn signals, that fender eliminator with the little slidey wheel thing above the license plate, two-bros slip on, gas tank go-pro mount, plus geared 49 rear (haven't checked the front), and a speedo healer, LSL frame sliders.

I've been curious about whether the previous owner tracked the bike or not since he put aftermarket rearsets on it, should give me some insight on how the valve clearances are going to turn out this winter when I check them. The bike is at 13,500 right now and is gonna get all the goodies done this winter, but I've got maybe a solid month of ride-able whether before that happens.

See less See more
#2 ·
Many people put adjustable rearsets on and never go to the track. The manufacturers try to position the stock examples to fit any AVERAGE range of riders.
And big deal if it HAS been on the track. That's it's natural setting. As long as it hasn't been dropped, it ain't gonna hurt it to ride it the way it was designed to be ridden.

BTW: I'm on my second 2002 R1. Great year. :cool:

#3 ·
It's not that I'm worried if they tracked it or not, but it's pretty common that bikes from the track need the valve clearances adjusted at 12k, rather than a street bike that just needs checked. So knowing if it went to the track or not I could plan for getting some shims and do a more thorough check on everything.

#5 ·
I know of several (including mine) that needed adjusted at the 12,000 interval (I never wind it up near red line) . I have almost 50,000 miles on my Striple now, and as the mileage is going up, less adjusting seems needed.

I'd generally agree about a bike being wound out constantly needing closer attention to the adjustment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.