Triumph 675 Forums banner

Eibach Rear Springs and Collars

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dlite 
#1 ·
Hello All

So with the new riding season coming upon me (still cold here in western Canada) Ive decided to change out the godawful spring on my rear shock. Ive noticed a lot of people saying that the Racetech springs where in fact Eibach, which I can understand.

What worries me is that the Eibach doesn't list a collar for the shock, while the racetech recommend the collar. Are these in fact the same spring then? Or are people just running them without the collars? If so, any issues, or am i just borrowing trouble?

As i understand it, the sizing is 7'' x 2.25'' x (in my case) 600 or 0700.225.0600 using Eibachs system, correct?

#3 ·
I got my spring through Racetech as I wanted it painted blue (saved me 2 trips to the powder coading shop). I believe the spring size for the 06-08 and the +09 bikes are different size, so you will need to be more specific to which shock you have on your bike. But you will need the collars so that you can have your shock set-up correctly with enough room for adjustment.

#9 ·
Just though id put an update out on this.

Got the spring and collars. Fit perfect. This was (after my stomp grip tank pads) the best mod for the stock 675, hands down. It feels like a motorcycle now, not a over sprung two by four. Massive amounts more feed back, and sexy red to boot. If you sitting on the fence, get this, you will NOT regret it!

#11 ·
So, I installed the new 525 lb/in spring this weekend and took it out for a ride. Man it feels much more planted, and doesn't feel like it's trying to buck me out of the seat on the bumps. Plus, I was able to get the rear sag adjusted to about 30 mm, and didnt' feel as stiff as the stock spring (duh, right?). By far, the best change I've made so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.