Triumph 675 Forums banner

How many miles in your first year

6K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  GSUS969 
#1 ·
Hello All,
Just curious how many miles people are clocking in their first year on average. I have had my 2015 Street Triple R since Feb and I am rapidly approaching 3500 miles. Having had just replaced a set of tires and looking like I may need to do the 6K mile service in the first year I am curious if this is normal. I do understand there are a lot of folks that would not be able to ride all year long but here Cali I hope to ride 10 months out of the year. TIA.

>:)

#8 ·
You guys are making me feel bad... only 8K since may 2012 on mine. I've hardly ridden this year, been working a ton of overtime and I have a take home car for work so I can't commute on it. I would if I could though.

#18 ·
Just about 4500 miles, brought home a new 2014 new last year on September 30. Year round commuter as long as temps are above 20 degrees and no ice covering the roads. Occasional longer rides to blow out any carbon and blow off steam. The multi-day rides I've been planning for three years have yet to happen...

#22 ·
I would think riding more when it's new would be normal unless you are way experienced and just ride the same all the time. Saw another 13 STR on ebay that has like 3K on it. I just don't get it, guess some people get them and just don't end up riding.

Would love to hear from someone with 3k on a 3 year old bike. Tell us how you ride and why so little.

#24 ·
I would think riding more when it's new would be normal unless you are way experienced and just ride the same all the time. Saw another 13 STR on ebay that has like 3K on it. I just don't get it, guess some people get them and just don't end up riding.

Would love to hear from someone with 3k on a 3 year old bike. Tell us how you ride and why so little.
I bought my '14 STR with 423 miles on it a few months ago. Since then, I've put another 1,300 miles on it. I ride locally when running errands or to and from work when the weather is nice. But, my commute is only 9 miles each way, so it's very slow increase. And, unfortunately studying for actuarial exams doesn't leave me with as much free time to ride as I'd like. :crying:

#23 ·
I'm probably on the low side of milage. Bought late August of 12, currently a little less than 7k on the odo. My work commute is 7 miles. Winters have lasted until April past two years and it has been mothballed late Nov early Dec both years. I can happily say that about 80% of my milage is in the twisties. I plan on keeping it for a long time, so in no particular hurry to rack up milage.

#32 ·
So far I bought the 675 at the beginning of May and have almost 6500 miles on it, and have done quite a few modifications. Planning another 4000+ miles before the end of the year. I rode my previous Ninja 250 almost 3000 miles between January and the time I bought the 675. This includes 3 tracks days as well. Enjoying the 675.

#34 ·
Bought my ST3RX end of March this year and have 3200 mi. but that's not the only bike I ride. Picked up my '15 R1 beginning of April this year and have 3800 mi on her and bought my '14 D675R early March last and have 7100 miles. Daytona was turned to track only earlier this year and roughly 1.5k - 2.5k miles of that is track only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.