Triumph 675 Forums banner

Cockpit bling

9K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  superlight 
#1 · (Edited)
I found this website and thought I'd share. I haven't seen any Daytonas with this done. I think it could look nice. What do you all think?

I've seen a couple horrible DIY projects done with paint, poorly masked with overspray on the display. That would drive me crazy. I know some people hate fake carbon fiber, but I like it! Opinions?

Watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory Gadget

Website

http://www.gilmoregraphix.com/portfolio-2/vehicle-graphics/img_5200/

See less See more
#6 ·
That looks pretty good!

Might have to do that to my gauge and maybe cover up the spot where the sun melted it...
OH SHIT thanks for reminding me to throw a micro fiber towel in my backpack to cover up the dash, since the sun is out!

#7 ·
It's amazing the amount of info in this forum!
Indeed, ALLoneUP. Indeed. I remember that post from a LONG time ago. The photo (excuse the poor quality) of my panel did not appear so I'll throw it back up.

Here's an option to painting the entire piece a different color or opting for carbon fiber. I wanted to highlight just the circular bezel around the tach so I painted the remainder black. A thin red pinstripe around the bezel, to match the bike, completes the job. It's held up just fine for many years.

I miss the forum and should start to post more often. :verysad:

#9 ·
I'm surprised one of the carbon fiber parts companies like Bestem USA hasn't made a replacement piece yet...

We've seen enough carbon fiber parts to basically build a complete bike from the stuff... (including a rear subframe, battery tray, complete body work, intake tube, gas tank, and various pieces of trim and covers)

#10 · (Edited)
You're right though, lots of money to be made there.

I know carbonFBR.com/carbon4u.com created an actual extended front fender. In combination with my rad guard it'll put me much more at ease. Just ordered it, pretty excited.

As for my bezel, it's off and prepped for paint. Just doing black. Will post up pics and a write up when done.

#30 · (Edited)
You're right though, lots of money to be made there.

I know carbonFBR.com/carbon4u.com created an actual extended front fender. In combination with my rad guard it'll put me much more at ease. Just ordered it, pretty excited.

As for my bezel, it's off and prepped for paint. Just doing black. Will post up pics and a write up when done.
I'll do any mods you guys want, all depends on the long term economics of course.

I'll look into this part for you guys. I just need to get hold of the silver trim bit and send away for moulding (anyone got one spare, unmarked but paintwork doesn't matter). Only thing is this could be a little expensive in the end as they would probably use a piece of carbon 1 1/2 times the overall size to make it one even looking pattern. All things have a cap price people are willing to pay. Also what about the older models? Worth doing and is it possible? I like the fact it's stuck on, make it easier and cheaper to produce (no clips and brackets).

How important is the changing lights area? It look to me like that plastic are is part of this cover. Am I wrong? A big photos of the part would be very helpful to figure out ( I think I do have a idea to get around it).

ohhh I want in white carbon fiber...
Sorry to say this I looked into this and was told that there is no white carbon but silver carbon is the way to go if you're looking for white carbon. Google it and see what you think.

#11 ·
Popped off with some light pressure. It was held on with some thin two sided sticky foam strips. Sanded it down, got some black paint for plastic, put a few coats on and wet sanded. No clear. . . yet.

Before
Cuisine Plant Dish Rectangle Metal

After
Vision care Eye glass accessory Wood Tints and shades Eyewear

Not a drastic difference, but I am much happier.

#15 ·
I got some of the white 3M DiNoc to wrap the tank sliders I got from NJCustoms on here. Looked really nice against the Crystal White of my '12 R. Getting everything repainted in a couple weeks, going to get the sliders painted to match.

I'll take some pics later today of it installed. I used a small amount of flexible epoxy to hold it on. Couldn't find a sticky foam strip small enough to allow the display plate to sit flush.

#16 ·
Wait a min, aren't they already CF? You wrapped CF with CF?

#22 · (Edited)
I got under it at first with a small precision flat head. Then I used my fingers for the rest. It is thinner plastic, so it can bend TO AN EXTENT, but be careful. I thought I would break it at first as well, but it came off with some patience. All that's holding it on is sticky foam strips, just have to break the bond. I have a '12, not sure if other years are different?

#28 ·
Afternoon gents :)
I'm looking at doing this; was just wondering if the bezel does anything other than look pretty? It won't let rain into the cluster or anything silly?
I still will be riding the bike everyday to work (probably will rain)

edit: nope just looks pretty...any I noticed mine was already neally half off since they just used double sided tape to hold it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.