Triumph 675 Forums banner

Map issues?

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  ghostinfog 
#1 ·
Hi guys, after some experience or advice... I have an 08 series 1 with a Jardine slip on oem air filter, exup off, sai set to 900 rpm. When I bought the bike it was running the 20421 tune (full arrow exhaust) but when it started cold, it would run erratically for a while ( 40 sec to a min) then run good. I bought all the tune ecu stuff and thought I'd try the 20420 tune (just a slip on). This seemed to help with the erratic idling when cold but has reduced my fuel efficiency by about 40ks out of a tank. I also get quite a bit of carbon build up around the exhaust tip. I will take it to a dyno within the next few months but for the time being what should I do? Replace the original tune or keep this one? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Sorry guys, not its the intake flap set to 900 not the sai. Have been doing a fair bit of reading to try to work this out (haven't plugged the pc in yet). When I bought the bike it had the exup servo removed completely. I'm wondering wether I should replace it before getting it tuned by turn one or should I just leave it off? Is noise the main reason for the valve?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.