Triumph 675 Forums banner

New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread

33K views 98 replies 46 participants last post by  Half-fast Rider 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

We're proud to announce that the new site look and feel has been completed for Triumph675.net! Our designers and software engineers have been hard at work on this for several months. It's designed to modernize the site, make it easier to use, and to make it more attractive to new members and guests that visit .

The forum software we use, vBulletin, by default is not designed to be friendly to the eyes or to look modern. We went down to the nuts and bolts of the forum software and templates, and have done a ground up approach. There are several things you will notice now that the new design is live.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.

We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join Triumph675.net, they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/garage.php?do=index

4) Garages will be featured on the site

You can show off your Triumph, You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others. Make sure you post up some images to share with the community at the link below.

5) Users will be able to register with Facebook, Twitter or Google+

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

7) Another new great feature is the @Mention user plugin. You can tag members by simply using the @ symbol.

8) Drag and Drop image uploader

We hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions on the design, please let us know, feedback is appreciated.

If there are any issues you see. Post them up here and we will get them worked out.

Thanks,
-Your Triumph675.net Team.

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm seeing issues:
1. It's actually running slower for me.
2. Also, the "Mark Forums Read" is not clearing out the unread threads, I have to actually open every thread to clear it out. There are many threads I don't care about, but I like to clear them out so the new threads, or important (to me) threads stick out.
3. Can we assign colors? I find the black/white fatiguing, lol.
4. It was a lot faster jumping into the other forums with a side-bar. This is cumbersome.

#17 ·
Can you disable the requirement of clicking "reply" before the quick reply box becomes active? Spam issues can be addressed through good user account governance.

Will the search and DB indexing for same be done locally, detuned to shed load or thru something like a Google widget (my recommendation)?

Thanks

#42 ·
Can you disable the requirement of clicking "reply" before the quick reply box becomes active? Spam issues can be addressed through good user account governance.

Thanks
This. Also remove the "recent discussions" from every page on the right and maybe just put it on the home page?

The automatic log out time is way to short. It's logging me out after like 30 minutes it seems

#19 ·
I like all the features you listed.

I'm use to the old colors though. I feel sensory overload with the current color scheme.
It does in fact look way more modern.

Reactions: administrator
#20 ·
Love the new look, but one request.

Can you reimplement the "latest posts" feature that would list every unread post since a user was last on the site? I used that feature daily to keep up with the goings on, and I don't want to manually check every subforum to see if there's any relevant topics, or development on existing threads.

Other than that, love the new site:)

#21 ·
Any way to make it less... white? Like a night mode or a reading mode? Kind of tiring for the eyes to have so much white on black.

Otherwise love the changes. Much more modern.

Dave

#22 ·
Personally not a fan of the new layout.

To damn busy, and it is slower to do everything. :frown2:

#24 ·
Wow, this was a really good upgrade! Well done! I can't tell you how many times I have been frustrated with the mobile site. And everything looks so much better in the desktop mode as well. I thought my browser malfunctioned when it switched over! Very cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.