Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 Daytona 675 & 675R first look

22K views 142 replies 70 participants last post by  TRMN8TR 
#1 ·
#10 ·
The new 2013 has a completely different motor. From what I've read it sounds like it will be easier to develop more reliable power. It has a separate cylinder block now which makes me think they've probably gotten away from the floating cylinder liner which was a weak point on the WSS bike. Also it has high and low speed fuel injectors. Not to mention the fact that it has a factory slipper means the fuel injection is likely tuned to work with it which is alway as huge advantage. Also it has lighter wheels a lighter stiffer frame. It weighs less it has more power. No reason to go all crazy about this trying to make yourself feel better about your bike. This doesn't take anything away from what you have. If you love what you have that's all you need to know.

#15 ·
It's not about making someone feel better about their bike. It is the marketing game these manufacturers have when they don't want to make a significant upgrade. Are you saying that you truly believe this is a significant step forward for the Daytona line, or just a mid cycle update? If you want a bike that is lighter with more power and more electronics, there are plenty of other manufacturers. I thought the reason we all bought the Daytona was for a combination of performance, handling, sound, torque (which they admit they have sacrificed for top end), looks and emotion. Sorry, I respect your opinion but I believe more people find this to be a "follower move" rather than a "leader move" which has been a hallmark of triumph since they were reborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#14 ·
ABS applies to all sizes of bikes. Traction control can be argued. ABS can prevent endoing your bike or washing the front end on the oil slick the last dipstick left on the track when he went down because he didn't know how to use his brakes. I have to say personally I don't like ABS because it takes some fun away from riding but it definitely has it's uses.

#17 ·
I've had abs on my street bikes since 1992 with my BMW k75s. On the street it is invaluable. On the track, if you think ABS will keep you up when you hit that oil slick on heavy trail braking into the turn, I will happily meet you at your track, put some oil down and let you prove your thesis. If your right you make $500. If your wrong, your bike will need some serious repair.

Are you still confident about the oil on the track comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#20 ·
I think that reflector headlights are a lot cheaper than projectors. On a side note, are those new production Pirellis, or just for show?

Nuno!

#25 ·
to be honest i'm not one to pay brand new prices, so the latest & greatest model aint for my wallet anyway.. but i really think its a step back in terms of aesthetics. like others have said, a follow the cheap looking jap supersports move, not a 'go your own way' move..

that said, the engine improvements do sound interesting, but will need to wait and see if they translate to real world improvements over the 06-12..

if the engine turns out to be all that, chances of modifying the new bike to use the old subframe and full underseat system, along with the old front fairing/headlights?

by contrast though, the new look does suit the 2013 street triple.

#27 · (Edited)
the engine, slipper and abs are all nice improvements along with built in sliders but the styling is very jap-ish. I dont have the need for more power though and i really love the undertail exhaust. so sexy. Im happy i sprung for the last body style instead of waiting a year for this fugly thing.

i just read the specs..... +2 hp, +2 tq (less bottom end tq), not a true slipper clutch, abs and $14,500!!!!!!!!!! no thank you!

#28 ·
If I was in the market for a new supersport, I would consider it along with the new bikes from the other manufactures, I like my Triumphs but I would still buy something else if I thought it suited me. Most of the new design elements are done with racing in mind, the exhaust is better down low for racing and centralizing the mass, just as Mac stated the internal engine changes are aimed at supersport racing. Any of these new 600 class bikes are overkill on the street as far as performance goes, every time I ride a redesigned model of a bike, it's been better than the previous one, sometimes slightly and sometimes more. Triumph for its size compared to their competition, has done well in recent years with the model range they offer, and given the state of the world economy, competition is stiff in the new bike market for people's money,wait until it's ridden and tested to pass judgement.

#29 ·
comparing the new daytona to the MV675, makes the choice pretty easy. The daytona had the price edge but now, i would go MV.

#30 ·
I actually like the red:whistle: the projectors that will most likely be an easy aftermarket install, and since now it comes with frame sliders which is awesome, I may actually go test ride one, though if I was to buy another bike it would be a street.

I still am kind iffy on the tail, but from the angles minus straight from the side I dont mind it. Straight from the side the headlights look to bubbly or buldgy

#35 ·
I look forward to the reviews, comparos, shoot outs, etc. I may replace my 07 with this if it continues to hold up triumphs reputation made by the current and past daytonas. Only thing I hate is that stupid silver stripe on the side by the headlights, other than that its growing on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.