Triumph 675 Forums banner

What did you do to your Street Triple today?

1M views 7K replies 630 participants last post by  Joe Garfield 
#1 ·
I installed the rest of my frame sliders from motovation. Got the front, rear and engine ones done... and did the rim tape yesterday :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2,842 ·
Thanks Nelson & Woz.

Does not have much adjustability but It was just enough for what I wanted at 5'8 the rearsets are perfect fit for me. It comes with two length rods so that you can switch from standard shift or reverse shift and comes with all the parts needed for your stock brake light. Install was super easy and instructions were easy to follow. Shifts for some reason are alot smoother and shorter with no hunting for neutral if you have to. Definetly recomended.

#2,846 ·
Welcome to the Dark Side. :evil2:

Flyscreen is for keeping water out of the speedo housing. That gasket if you call it that doesn't exactly keep water out.
Um, I don't think that's it. In my opinion it deflects enough wind at highway speeds to make longer distance riding much more comfortable. I haven't heard of anyone having issues with water getting in the speedo with or without a flyscreen. Maybe on older models? Never something I worried about.

#2,847 ·
Welcome to the Dark Side. :evil2:

Um, I don't think that's it. In my opinion it deflects enough wind at highway speeds to make longer distance riding much more comfortable. I haven't heard of anyone having issues with water getting in the speedo with or without a flyscreen. Maybe on older models? Never something I worried about.
I truly feel it's primary purpose is to make the bike look bad ass. :coolgleamA:

#2,856 ·
Thanks, I also like the more aggressive look and feel!

And as for the washing the bike - I knew I would get flak for that :rofl2:

But I just couldn't resist to take it for a spin even though the temperatures are now dropping below zero over here. Was lucky enough that it was a cold clear day but unfortunately the roads weren't that clean, hence the resulting mess...

OM3 - looking sweet bro! can you tell a huge difference with new rear shock? And, yes, please clean it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Only new springs where fitted (front & back) not a new shocking but I can tell that its a MASSIVE improvement over stock for me! The bike is no longer running wide because of my weight (230 lb) and pretty much no more squatting or diving. Its rock steady and feels like the bike is riding on train rails now, best upgrade ever :notworthy:

Where did you get the fork stanchion ring? Did you have to slip it over the fork tube when it's out of the tree?
Forks were completely dissembled for an overhaul (re-valve, polish etc) so there was no need to slip it over the fork tube.

#2,859 ·
A guy who used to work for me (now he's at my bosses level) just texted me if I wanted to knock off work and go for a ride. I thought he meant for an hour or something but he meant lunch 2 1/2 hours away. I told him if he thought his Harley could hold together that long I'm in. Work can wait:biggrinjester:

#2,877 · (Edited)
No biggie guys we will convene some other time, happy thanksgiving, I'm definitely thankful for the friends I made on here. This will be the first thanksgiving on my own, a chance to truly be thankful, no awkward dinner, no unappreciative people(relatives) with their ego driven back-and-forths, no gossiping women taking pictures just to update their fb, it'll be just me, my bike, and the earth. Taking in the day, thinking about my master plan(to save the world), and hopefully running into some less fortunate ones, to donate a little of my time to, and do some meditating(counting my breath)...

Just to keep things going, filled her up with fuel!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2,883 ·
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Is the bike repairable? Very glad to hear you walked away!

#2,885 ·
Ha Spooky - am sure you'll hear all about it :(
It was an easy corner, god knows what happened - stick or oil? the bikes most likely a write off.
Those gorgeous jeans now have a large hole in the knee, but at least I'm only missing small parts of my knee :thumbup:
Crossing fingers for a write off so I can go get a new bike quick smart. Debating getting another street or going a speed.

#2,887 ·
While the speed is a great bike, it is way heavier than the street...and bigger, too.

You are only small and light weight and I believe that the speed would be too much for you.

It's a very nice bike, but for flying through the tight twisties the streety is the best.

Better get a new pair of those jeans, too ... :nod:

S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.