Installing a new Danmoto exhaust - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-17, 01:19 Thread Starter
coons2k17

Installing a new Danmoto exhaust

Hey guys, after reading some posts on here i decided to buy a Danmoto MK2 exhaust for my 2015 streety. I believe it'll arrive in the mail tmrw... Im kinda sorta handy so i think ill be able to tackle the job myself, but is there anything else i should know beforehand? From what ive read there wont be detailed instructions so is my best bet trying to find a DIY on youtube?

thanks a bunch guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-19-17, 06:59
Chirp

Should just be remove the old and plug in the new. I don't remember whether the Street has an exhaust valve -- if so, you'll need to pull that and get a plug to prevent an error code. If you have trouble getting the silencer mounting bolt in, loosen the header nuts (and any other mount between there and the silencer), fit the new parts and then tighten starting from the header and working backwards.

'61 Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Duke 690, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '14 Street Triple R
post #3 of 6 Old 04-19-17, 11:40
Day

Garage
I installed a Danmoto exhaust on my 15' Daytona. For me it was just removing the stock exhaust, and heat-shield and installing the Danmoto pipe. The hardest thing about the install was getting the exhaust hanger to go perfectly around the exhaust. You will need a servo motor delete module Then again don't know if any of this is relevant to your street.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-20-17, 12:44 Thread Starter
coons2k17
Threadstarter Threadstarter

did the install and didnt get any error codes so i guess everything was ok then? cant figure out how to install the baffle but im not sure i want to anymore lol the thing sounds beastly!!!
post #5 of 6 Old 04-20-17, 18:11
Day

Garage
if you removed the servo motor/wires you will have had one (check engine light) but if not then yay
post #6 of 6 Old 04-20-17, 19:52
apacifico3

Garage
Yeah no servo for the Street Triples which is nice. Just remove the old exhaust and tighten up the new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement