Back Protector Sliding Up - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #1 of 6 Old 05-06-16, 14:00 Thread Starter
mikewitki

Back Protector Sliding Up

Back Protector : Forcefield Pro L2k "Large"
Suit : Alpinestars Atem One
Stats : 6'1 210lbs Athletic Build

I recently switched from a back protector insert to an individual strap on Forcefield back protector. The issue i'm having is the back protector keep sliding up on my back and actually starts to rub on the back of my lower neck when doing chicanes/direction changes. So far I have tried all configurations of tightening and loosening the straps and I have also had someone keep it pushed down while I put my suit on, but nothing has worked. My next step is to exchange it for a size smaller and after that switch to a vest style back protector.

Before I go through that headache, has anyone had this issue and is there an easy solution?

-2011 Daytona 675-
Jardine RT-1 Slip on - GB Protection Bundle - Cox Radiator Guard - GP Rear brake Fluid Reservoir - Carbon Fiber Tank Pad - 1050 Throttle tube - Comp Werks Integrated Taillight - Tail Tidy -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-06-16, 15:24
trumppking

Garage
I've got the same back protector and it slides up a little bit on me as well. I just thought that maybe I bought one that was a little too big. It doesn't ride up and rub on my neck but I can feel it trying to push itself out of my suit. The one thing that I do is just before I zip up I pull it down (the waist strap) to my belt line and then make sure that the strap is tight. Its only a problem on the session after lunch when I'm full of food. I'm not sure if that made any sense or helps but good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trumppking For This Useful Post:
JP16 (05-06-16), mikewitki (05-09-16)
post #3 of 6 Old 05-09-16, 18:59 Thread Starter
mikewitki
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply. I think my issue is more so that I have a deep back arc and the specific back protector has a tailbone protector that gets pushed up by my protruding butt when I am not in a full tuck. I am exploring ways of possibly securing the protector to the top of the suit itself.

-2011 Daytona 675-
Jardine RT-1 Slip on - GB Protection Bundle - Cox Radiator Guard - GP Rear brake Fluid Reservoir - Carbon Fiber Tank Pad - 1050 Throttle tube - Comp Werks Integrated Taillight - Tail Tidy -

post #4 of 6 Old 04-12-17, 00:28 Thread Starter
mikewitki

Just to follow up if anyone has this issue..... Buying a smaller size fixed my issue.

-2011 Daytona 675-
post #5 of 6 Old 04-12-17, 19:28
Bamboo671

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewitki View Post
Just to follow up if anyone has this issue..... Buying a smaller size fixed my issue.
It fixed your sliding issue? I would imagine your coverage has been reduced also, no?

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13! Here's my build

"The process is more important than the product" - Inky Johnson
post #6 of 6 Old 04-21-17, 01:58 Thread Starter
mikewitki

No I think the other one was just too big and was pushed up by my lower back, especially when changing direction. The smaller protector covers plenty including the spine.

-2011 Daytona 675-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement