Triumph 675 Forums banner

New tool for setting up suspension

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  MacBandit 
#1 ·
I originally saw this on GizMag.com.

http://www.gizmag.com/sussmybike-suspension-fork-settings/40179/

It's a suspension feed back tool. It can help you set sag and damping adjustments. Initially it was just for bicycles but enough motorcyclists have contacted them including myself that they now offer a motorcycle specific version.

I'm in for one. Hope they can deliver on the product. However I think they will. They seem pretty much done with development just need money for manufacturing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/373349837/sussmybike-smart-suspension-set-up-tool

#2 ·
Looks great. Pretty cool idea, and if they get it right, it could really assist a lot of riders in setting up sag/ suspension
i am going to look into this.

Did the company get back with you on any specifics being made for motorcycles? I'd say some redesign would have to be done, but i am no expert. (thinking the higher speeds/ a lot more 'small' inputs will be being recorded and it may struggle to decipher the data at speed?
I guess if it is being made for mountain bikes, there are plenty of bumps, but most are going to be significant, compared to a track surface.

anyways, will be following up as this comes along!

#3 ·
I'll gladly rent one from someone who gets one, but ~$200 is a bit much for my budget right now. And I guarantee they won't be shipped out in June. They think they can manufacture these in a month. I've never seen any Kickstarter ship on time, but they are waaaay too optimistic about their manufacturing time frame here.

#10 ·
I'm currently waiting on a Dash (wireless in-ear bluetooth ear buds) from Kickstarter that according to the original timeline was supposed to have already shipped by this time last year. They're just now getting the factory making them without issues. This is my 3rd or 4th KS/IGG electronic gizmo and they've all taken far longer than the original estimate.

Factory tooling for electronics is harder, and takes longer, than most of these startup guys realize. Just because you can make a 3D printed gizmo work in your garage, doesn't mean it's that easy to make when mass produced. I say that because you can clearly see in the SussMyBike photos they're working with 3D printed cases. I doubt it will take a year longer than they say, as they have a pretty simple setup, but if they plan on making these at a Chinese factory it will certainly take longer than a month.

That said, I hope it works as advertised on motorcycle suspension and look forward to a review by those of you who help fund it... in about a year. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.