Triumph 675 Forums banner

National Racing

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Rink675 
#1 ·
Does anyone happen to know if you wanted to visit another country for some racing if you would need anything other then your U.S. Passport? Also how does that work if you earn money by winning races with taxes and not being a citizen of that country?

#2 ·
I think licensing requirements are different depending on sanctioning body where you go racing. Worst case scenario, you may have to get a FIM license as well as whatever insurance that goes with that. As far as taxes, I have no idea. Where are you planning to go racing?

Nuno!

#3 ·
I think licensing requirements are different depending on sanctioning body where you go racing. Worst case scenario, you may have to get a FIM license as well as whatever insurance that goes with that. As far as taxes, I have no idea. Where are you planning to go racing?

Nuno!
Well I would like to do some racing in Canada to get my feet wet on the national side without having to spend 15k to go to the triumph triple challenge and get my butt kicked lol.

Or have to spend a ton of money for Spain or ect, just figured to start with Canada and work my way around after that.

#4 ·
Canadian National series is CSBK.ca. In your case, any valid (2013) US racing license (whatever sanctioned regional series you run down there) will do. You'll have to fax/email that to CSBK when you apply for a CSBK membership. As far as taxes, I don't know. A few US guys race up here (Michael Barnes, Dave Estok). All I know is that you get a cheque made out to you when you win purses.
For additional information please contact:
Alicia Brimo
Frontline CSBK Inc.
Tel. (416) 895-1393
alicia@csbk.ca

Good luck, looking fwd to hopefully seeing you up here.

Nuno!

#5 ·
Do not tell the border guards that you are a professional racer they will assume you are about to get a gran prix pay day . My friend got turned back at Detroit going to a wera regional because he told the customs agent he had a " pro" license . Then they wanted to see a work permit before he would be allowed in to USA .

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.