Triumph 675 Forums banner

Rizoma Grip HELP! Stuck.

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  dannyboy263 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I've got myself into a pickle.

Yes, I tried heating with a blow-dryer.

Had a terrible time stuffing my Rizoma grip left side onto the bar. These are the Lux grips on a 675R.

I lubed the bar with Dow33 and started tapping on the grip with a mallet. I quickly achieved sliding the grip on about 60% and came to a dead stop.

Heating with a hair dryer has not moved the grip and I don't dare smack any harder with the mallet.

Heat gun? Anyone else figure this out?

If it's stuck forever, I'm going to email Motovation and Rizoma and see if they'll comp me a new left side and give it another go. This isn't looking good. I have resolved to accept the loss, cut this garbage off, and call it a lesson.

#5 ·
Can you easily remove the bar? If you can throw the bar in the freezer and keep the grip at room temperature or even heat it up a bit. Pull the bar out of the freezer and shove the grip on.

#8 ·
I considered this, but it seems I'd have to take the triple tree apart to get the bar off.

I'm going to tap/pound this thing to see if I can get it off, then send an inquiry out to the appropriate people.

TJ is going to set me up with some white D3's that will work better.

#7 ·
Oh, misread which order you were doing it, but yeah throw the whole bar in the freezer and pull it out and hit it with a hair dryer. I was only able to achieve something like this except I didn't use a freezer because when I installed and removed my Lux grips it was 10 degrees outside.

#9 · (Edited)
Got the grip off fairly undamaged. Crisis averted... time to give a WTF to someone.

[EDIT] - Motovationusa said they knew it was a problem on some Daytonas. As a courtesy, I expect to get a return label via email. However, they do know I pounded on it pretty good... haha

#12 ·
I dont know, I really enjoy my white D3's, to me they are a much better improvement over the stockers. For me tho most of my hand lands on the rubber grip with mayb the index finger on the aluminum collar a little bit. But then again I have little guy hands like the guy in the BK whooper commercials so who knows :noclue:

#15 ·
I have RS Taichi GP-WRX gloves, and they have a padded palm, bitches still hurt my hands :laugh: I always have my hand up against the controls on each side basically though.

#14 ·
Seems plenty of people like the stock grips just fine, and so do I. In fact, I had my 07 Daytona with the stock grips (well, along with everything else stock) and had no issues.

However, being in the Navy, I'm required to wear full PPE whenever I ride. This means jacket, gloves, boots, pants, helmet, etc... I have a few pairs of nice gloves for each season and they've all got padding on the heel of the palm that take care of any discomfort I might face with an aluminum grip. As a result, I'm flipping $45 for a little style.

Motovation gave me a shipping label with a promise to refund the full cost of the grips when they get them back. Win. TJ is sending me the black/white D3's that I expect to love.

#16 ·
Interesting that you had difficulty putting the new grips on. I thought it was a PITA getting the stockers off. And i can agree that you do pay for the pretty Rizomas in more ways then just price :laugh:

#18 ·
I was tempted to go with some Rizoma grips for looks, but then I found these Spider Peak grips that I thought looked badass and are noted for reducing vibrations. Win-win!

off topic but did you get your CF gas cap cover off ebay? The guy that I bought my cf triple tree cover from made those too but I wasnt able to find them a few months ago.... Looks very good btw!

#20 ·
I just threw the Gold Lux on my bike and I love them especially with the bigger cam they came with, it made a big difference on throttle turn... and as far as the install it was pretty simple they went in just fine with no struggle, and comfort well I always wear gloves and they seem pretty sturdy no vibration what so ever. In my opinion I would def recommend them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.