Triumph 675 Forums banner

Anybody sold the triple and came back to it?

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  DOGHART 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently for some reason people have been asking to buy my bike, I put it up for sale just to see what's out there and I have people wanting to fly in to buy it lol. So I was thinking I guess I could sell it but it is my favorite bike I have owned so far.

If I did sell it my only real options I would want are Daytona 675, GSXR 750, or possibly a cruiser maybe yamaha road warrior.

I have never ridden these bikes though, so im borrowing a friends gsxr this weekend and maybe renting a Harley for a day to see what its all about.

Anyone sold the triple and regretted it and came back? I would only be selling it to try something new, nothing wrong with the bike. Thanks for the input!!

EDIT: I'm older and did sell my first bike a zx6r because my lower back was hurting, but I have been riding for 6 years since then. I was hoping its strengthened a little.

See less See more
#4 ·
Well I have been calling my insurance to compare prices. You cant go wrong with the triple. Im paying $379 a year for full coverage including theft etc.

GSR750 is $1031......... I also was looking at a z1000 and even that is $640 a year. I wouldn't mind the Z1000 but I cant pay much more then that for insurance. My car is already expensive.

Reactions: rockand0rroll
#5 ·
Something similar here. I had a 2012 Street Triple, then some idiot cam out of a driveway in a hurry, didn't look my way BANG ! Insurance wrecked it.

I thought I needed something faster so I got a 2012 Aprilia Tuono a-PRC. The bike was a work of art, it really was a stunning bike, but hell did I hate riding this bike in the streets. Too harsh, too extreme, too stiff, too violent, too powerful, too big.

So I figured, I love a bike I can flick around and not a bike that flicked me around. I sold the aprilia after a year and got a 2014 Street Triple from a friend who was about to trade it in for a Speed Triple.

Goooooood I love this bike, I sometime wish it had an extra 10 or 15 hp butthis bike is just so smooth, so predictable, so easy to move around.

There's my story

#6 ·
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I already know I will miss it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I have never ridden a dirt bike but that seat looks incredibly uncomfortable. Looks like a dope bike though, I like the new sport bike they just came out with.

#10 ·
I had the Duke 2010. Probably the fastest bike on public canyon roads. No matter how fast I was in the turn, it always seemed as I could go faster. However, getting to those canyon roads was a pain. The vibrations, the seat, the suspension are all making it very uncomfortable ride.

#11 ·
I had the Duke 2010. Probably the fastest bike on public canyon roads. No matter how fast I was in the turn, it always seemed as I could go faster. However, getting to those canyon roads was a pain. The vibrations, the seat, the suspension are all making it very uncomfortable ride.

#12 ·

#13 ·
Borrowed the gsxr750 for a few hours today. Nice bike, much easier to take turns. Turns in slower then the triple and has a much stiffer throttle. Uncomfortable which was expected but overall I like the triple more. Glad I got to take one out. Actually feel like the triple was much faster lol maybe the usable torque was jus better on the street.

#14 ·
I keep trying to make a switch but then go ride it and just remember all the bikes I've had that were not this good.... Namely all my f them. Insurance for 249/yr.
I'm staying put.

#16 ·
my first bike was a 2005 Bonneville that I put rear-sets and clubman bars on. . . was happy with that--great torque, enough power to be fun but not enough to really get myself into trouble as a newbie, and it sounded like I thought a motorcycle should sound. I did a lot of looking around what other bike I might want and only ever came up with the Street Triple, so after a while I switched up for a 2006 (?) Street Triple and loved it the hell out of it until it got stolen. The grass is always greener so with that insurance money I got a Thruxton and enjoyed that but never as much as the Streetie. . . soooo, I sold it and got a low-mileage 2009 STR (huge fan of the round headlights).

Honestly, I don't think that for what I want (short trips with a couple weekend trips over the summer to Western MA and VT) there's a better bike out there. They have this bike locked down and, unlike the Bonnie/Thruxton, there's really nothing about it that I want to change or customize other than putting on TORs, picking up a Sargent seat, and sorting out luggage. It's not likely that I'll switch again.

#17 ·
Yeah I bought my 2011 just because I wanted round headlights lol. Totally agree

#19 ·
Bought a brand new 2003 955i Daytona and loved it. My back and wrists however did not love the tucked riding position so much. I'm 5'8" with pretty short arms so spending more than an hour on her resulted in lower back and wrist pain that would last longer than the ride. In 2006 I sold the Daytona and moved into the sport-cruiser world with a Yamaha Warrior.
Riding the warrior is like having an inexpensive Harley that never breaks down. It's an amazing bike, but it's big and heavy and not built for canyon carving, well; at least min isn't. I put a raked out front end on it and a 240 rear end.
In January I found myself getting the itch for something different and wound up with a 2015 Street Triple Rx. I absolutely love the Rx and find myself jumping on her far more often than the Yamaha. Two different bikes for different styles of riding, just wish there were more hours in the day.

#20 ·
I was looking at the road warrior because all the reviews said it handles amazing. It doesn't really? Or at least compared to the street I'm sure it doesn't haha

#21 ·
Mine is listed for sale now, It just not suiting my current riding style.

#22 ·
What are you trying to get into after selling?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.