Triumph 675 Forums banner

Very slow navigation since password fiasco

10K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  administrator 
#1 ·
I have been experiencing painfully-slow site navigation ever since the password change. Also having the same issue with the Ninja300 forum and can't even log into the Ninja1000 or Triumph RAT forum. I've followed the "Forgot Password" instructions for those sites, thinking maybe a new password would help, but I have not been responded to on either of those forums.

I am NOT having any issues with any other internet browsing - just these particular motorcycle forums, and that I am assuming are all owned by the same outfit.

This site is easily the worst though, at times I will try to type something and the cursor will be many keystrokes behind.

#2 ·
This site is easily the worst though, at times I will try to type something and the cursor will be many keystrokes behind.
I'm having issues too but not with the password (I auto-login). Mostly when I clock "reply" and the interface for some reason takes keyboard input and translates it into browser commands instead of text. I have to click inside the text box multiple times until it "understands" that I simply want to write text.

#8 ·
with IE since its becoming obsolete due to EDGE, you need to run in compatibility mode.

also, jogging on typing is a performance thing on your machine. make sure your flash, java, and video card drivers are up to date.

the jogging is most likely the pressure being put on your memory, could also be some malware on your system that should be cleaned as well.

let me know if any of the above helps.

~Shane

#9 ·
Im having the same issues, it doesnt matter what browser im in. Ie firefox chrome or even my android device. My computer is fully up to date and plays any game on ultra maxed out settings. I havnt tried chrome with add blocker, but this really seems like its being caused by adds...on a side note i was never able to recover my old account because of the password bs...this site needs to be redone and updated

#10 · (Edited)
Ran into the same problem on this and a few of the other VS forums. VERY VERY slow load times and I would imagine that is why it seems the forum is getting quite a bit less traffic than in the past.

Using adblock does help quite a bit.

See the issue on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on 6 different devices.

Link to the S1000RR forum showing similar complaints

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s.../182129-site-slow-buggy-week.html#post1752921

#16 ·
I know its an old thread, but I'm having the same deal. Running Firefox on my computer and chrome on my phone. This forum brings my computer to a grinding halt when I'm on it. The plugin-container and the flashplayerplugin processes are hogging memory.

I also got no response from emailing admins when we had to swap the passwords over to the new passwords.

Also, if it was the forum that had it's security breached, how does it make it any more secure for users to have more complicated passwords?

#23 ·
Hey there

Could you give us a little more information?

Are you on PC or mobile? What browser or app are you using to access the site?

Are you seeing any dialogue hanging in the bottom left corner of your window? Some like "Waiting on..." and then a URL.

Is it particularly bad when you try to perform a certain task? Open a forum, reply using quick reply, send a pm, etc?

Dayle

#25 ·
Hey there,

Can you provide me with more info?
As many details as you can provide, will help us with this investigation.
What device and browser are you using?
Also what skin are you using on the site? You can double check this by scrolling to the bottom left of the page.
Can you try clearing your browsers cache and cookies?

Richard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.