Triumph 675 Forums banner

2nd Annual Female Only Trackday: Femmewalla 12/14/12

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  tooblekain 
#1 · (Edited)

Attention all female riders. Mark your calendars and come out on Friday, December 14, 2012 to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway located in Desert Center, CA for the 2nd Annual Female Only trackday known as Femmewalla hosted by SoCal Trackdays.
This is open to all experience levels regardless if it's your first time on the track or if you're a seasoned racer.

This event is all for charity and all proceeds go directly to The Unforgettable Foundation, a non-profit agency that provides financial burial assistance to families that have lost a child. This agency was chosen because they helped the track owners when they lost one of their own and helped them...so she is returning the favor to them.

Please come out and show your support. There will also be 2 up rides given by Jason Pridmore and STAR School instructions. STAR School instructors will be on hand to show anyone, especially newbies the right and effective ways to riding a motorcycle. Yamaha Champion School Instructor, Dale Keifer will also be there to lend his expertise in addition to providing Pirelli Tire service should you need new tires. My girlfriend will also be doing tech session on how to do basic maintenance like changing oil and prepping bikes for track riding. I believe there will also be other sessions like how to load a motorcycle into a trailer or truck.

Registration Forms are available as an attachment to this thread you can print out. Please fill out, sign, and either mail, fax, or scan and email back to the address, fax number, or email address provided on the form. The fax # is 760-277-3111

The flyer for this event is also attached on this thread.

There is also a Facebook page for this event titled "Femmewalla." On that page is a copy of the Registration Form also as well other details regarding the event.

If you have any questions regarding this event please do not hesitate to ask. This year we want this event to be bigger than last years. Last year's event was a whole lot of fun and this year should be the same if not more.

Here are pictures from last year's Femmewalla courtesy of "illysnd"

All the girls lined up on the Start/Finish

Jason Pridmore leading sighting laps

AMA Racer Melissa Paris having some fun

Jason Pridmore giving a 2-up ride...the ultimate thrill

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Zia,

IIRC you're coming from New Mexico, which is quite the trek. Umicheng informed me that she is actually flying out to LAX and will drive to the track and meet up with my girlfriend and rest of the friends attending. Partookala should be attending too riding her SV.

To really make the drive worth it, I would suggest doing Femmewalla as well as doing the no-sessions So-Cal Trackday weekend...so it's three days straight of riding...or do at least 2 days worth.

Last I checked about 20 riders have registered. Last year it was less than that and it was open sessions...it was basically an empty track for every rider. At 20 riders, that's far from crowded too since it's 2.68 miles and a European style track

#21 ·
It was an epic day!!!! It was filled with so much awesomeness that I'll have to wait until I get some time here at work to post pics and tid-bits.

Btw Ladies,....don't let it pass you by next year! You will want to get on their list of riders for next year DEC 13, 2013! It was close to a sell out. There are big things in the works and this will sell out early on. Plans for the likes of Femmoto...only much better but with limits on the number of riders.....you will definitely want to be on their radar while this annual event is in it's infancy.

Was awesome to see Michelle make the trek from the other side of the world! Was fun hanging out for sure! ...and always fun to see Matt with a huge smile on his face. Hope you continue healing up Matt.

Looking forward to see you all soon!

#24 ·
It was an epic day!!!! It was filled with so much awesomeness that I'll have to wait until I get some time here at work to post pics and tid-bits.

Btw Ladies,....don't let it pass you by next year! You will want to get on their list of riders for next year DEC 13, 2013! It was close to a sell out. There are big things in the works and this will sell out early on. Plans for the likes of Femmoto...only much better but with limits on the number of riders.....you will definitely want to be on their radar while this annual event is in it's infancy.

Was awesome to see Michelle make the trek from the other side of the world! Was fun hanging out for sure! ...and always fun to see Matt with a huge smile on his face. Hope you continue healing up Matt.

Looking forward to see you all soon!
That it was!!! Sucks about the crashes that happened at Turn 12... first time EVER in track history that we had that many crashes (including SoCal Trackday weekend)...must have been from the raining washing away the rubber and a cold section of the track. But good news is that nobody was hurt.

The raffles at the end was hilarious!!! Especially with Oliver.

Hoping Michelle posts up her experience on here. It was great to finally meet and hang out with everyone there.

Seriously ladies...you cannot let this opportunity pass. Michelle travelled all the way from New Jersey. My girlfriend's friend traveled all the way down from the Bay Area. And quite a few first timers and one of the riders that has only been riding for 3 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.