Triumph 675 Forums banner

End of the Road

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  orangecrush 
#1 · (Edited)
Sadly last week a really bad driver took a lefthand turn in front of me......... Then left the seen, but not without being seen.
My Street Triple was totaled.
I was a little roughed up, but will live to sue the bastard........
It is my goal to buy another Street Triple, but till then, ride safe.:wink3:

#3 · (Edited)
I will be fine, I was only traveling about 25mph. There was an eye witness too.
The other driver stopped, blamed me, then wanted to shank hands and call it a day.
I was laying in the street, with a wrecked bike and unable to walk.........
Needless to say I was not in the mood to make new friends, and I told him I need an ambulance and to call 911.
He got into his car an drove off.
But there was an eye witness who stopped, helped me, got his plate number and called 911.
The police where waiting for him at his house...........
My lawyer will recoup my losses and them some, but the lose of this bike really is very disappointing to say the least.
It was a fantastic bike, even the cops at the seen, kept saying how nice this bike was. The operative word being "was".
I will get another, maybe the RX or the new 765RT.
I do have to say that Progressive Insurance (my insurance) treated me very well and gave me a fair market value settlement.

#4 ·
Glad to hear you live to fight another day. That's the first, last, and most important thing.

I understand your feelings about your recently deceased bike, but look at it this way: there's another Triumph somewhere out there that will need a good home. Beyond that, not everyone can get someone else to buy them a new bike :)

#6 ·
So sorry to hear this. I feel your pain boss. Left turner took my left kidney and spleen, and really messed me up bad. That was 2009. Haven't ridden since but I'm looking to pick up a new STR in October. Taking the MSF again in September.

Sounds like you'll be ok to ride again soon. Glad to hear that and hopefully you make a quick recovery!

#10 ·
In Mass you have to be insured. So, I will get paid...... :)
I know he was sited for leaving the seen; involving a personal injury, that is something that will have him standing in front of a judge for, what will happen is not up to me or my lawyer.
I am insured with Progressive, and they are paying me and will then get reimbursed from the other company, and so far that has been a very smooth transition.
The medical, pain and suffering...etc settlement will be handled by my lawyer........ :wink3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.