Triumph 675 Forums banner

Camping

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Griffin 
#1 ·
Anyone do any camping with the Daytona675 ?

Here's some photos of my recent trip

See less See more
#2 ·
Ahhh I'm so jealous. The second epitome of motorcycling spirit. (The first one is trackdays and/or races of course). I used to do that a lot sometime ago but now the missus wants soft sheets and walls.

If you do that regularly I'd suggest getting side railings & bags. Improves handling A LOT - the height difference of the CoG position of all that heavy gear makes a world of difference. I bet when loaded-up like this the bike goes like a boat doesn't it?

#3 ·
Thanks @plaamablaster. Do you know of any one that actually makes specific sidebars and railings for this bike, or just the generic ones you're suggesting ?

FYI. That big bag in the bag is a 100Litre bag. I stuffed it, and it weighd about 55lbs when she all ready to be strapped down

#4 ·
I didn't make any distinction between bike- specific or generic ones. GIVI makes bike-specific railings for the ->'12 STR, I know because I've got them on my bike. Sorry if nobody makes any for the 13+ Daytona but you can make your own if you can weld - I made a pair for my SV650. You just need to spend a day or two cutting, bending, welding and painting. Alternatively you can have them made but I guess it's going to be expensive and you'll have to find someone willing to experiment a bit.

That's a lot of weight by the way. What did you pack in there? A woman perhaps? >:)

#10 ·
Good to hear about another sportbike camper!

I motorcycle camped when I had my FZR600. I used a tank bag and throw-over saddle bags having tops that rose above the pillion perch. That created a channel where I could stack my tent, bedroll and bag in a north-south pyramid. My equipment was all backpacking stuff so it was small and light in weight. For various reasons, I had to get rid of my gear, so my recent trips have all been motel/hostel affairs.

#11 ·
Did this for a third time ! Here's some photos from this long weekend.

Review: It was all in all alright I just have a continuous problem strapping down the bag to the bike securely without having it slide forward into my back. Otherwise the weight is fine......the bag and equipment is about 65lbs in total. I'd do it again.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.