Triumph 675 Forums banner

2Fast at The Ridge 5/31 - 6/1

22K views 102 replies 12 participants last post by  DaytonaSpidey 
#1 ·
who's in for some hot laps at The Ridge this weekend (and Monday?)

#54 ·
Will have a pop up and extra chair if anyone needs a place to hang.. also will have some bike parts, tools, etc etc.

Just debating if i want to try out some Galfer carbon brake pads.

#56 ·
Looking like another awesome 675 meetup. Don't have chairs or canopy but I'll bring a few family sized bags of chips to pass around.
Stay with me, stay with me.... I will have a table you can put the chips on!
Will have a chair with your name on it>:)

#70 ·
I'm parked under a silver canopy, next to a red F-150, near the porta-potties. Feel free to stop by and say hi. Well, tomorrow. I'm not there right now.

#73 ·
200 was chaos. Easily over 10 crashes, 2 red flags, congestion due to the wide-range of skill level. But as the day went on it got better and better. At first I was a little annoyed that they over booked it, but it was manageable. I had a few close calls that were pretty scary but other than that it was great.

#75 ·
300 was very packed too and a lot of riders should have been in 200. I ended up bumping shoulder with one of those and they wrecked. No red flags though. I can live with people crashing if they don't take me out as long as it doesn't cause a red flag. It would have been nice if there had been less people but it was still fun.

#78 ·
It was a fun day indeed, when the riders meeting was going on i was pretty pissed with how many people looked to be on track. But as mentioned quite a few people weeded themselves out within the first couple sessions (crashes).
The 200 group was quite fun i must say, barring the fat bastard on the white zx-10r pissing me off. :angry:
It was really good to get out and ride with some other 675's and see the differences in performance in the bikes, different riders strong points and areas where I can improve my own riding.
A bit disappointed in not getting to do a fatman 2 up ride on a little bike. :whistle:

#103 ·
It was a fun day indeed, when the riders meeting was going on i was pretty pissed with how many people looked to be on track. But as mentioned quite a few people weeded themselves out within the first couple sessions (crashes).

The 200 group was quite fun i must say, barring the fat bastard on the white zx-10r pissing me off. :angry:

It was really good to get out and ride with some other 675's and see the differences in performance in the bikes, different riders strong points and areas where I can improve my own riding.

A bit disappointed in not getting to do a fatman 2 up ride on a little bike. :whistle:
Here you go JD, don't be jealous lol
Wheel Tire Jeans Vehicle Shoe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#79 ·
Had a blast after i moved to 200. By that time most of the people had crashed or left ao there was not a whole lot of slow downs. Was also a pleasure to finally meet most of you guys. Cant wait to do it again.

#83 ·
Nice work dude on the sub 2:00 minute laps! I was actually looking at video from last year and yesterday and I've drop 20+ seconds. So far my best lap yesterday was 2:16 and after watch some of the tape, I know a few spots I can shave some more time just by changing my line and gear selection. I thought you had your bike tuned already, you should defiantly go see Nels before Laguna.

#82 ·
I'm not sure if I'm just fat or my bike is down on power, but it seems like just about every bike pulls away from me down the straight. I know it won't keep up with yours since you've done work to it, but I'm even at -1/+2 and still getting pulled. Often times with more corner speed coming onto the straight than other people have.

I may have to actually pony up for a dyno appointment with Nels at some point. I didn't want to bother unless I put on a full exhaust or something to make the most out of it.

#89 ·
It was super to meet you guys, especially JD, Mac, MGF, Damion and another 675 rider, Mark, on a black/grey 1st gen who graciously hooked me up with a spare brake lever after my silly cold-track/tire tumble. I'm a little bummed I was able to get my act together to do some sessions together with you guys, so I guess that'll have to wait - there will be lots more days coming up.

Next for me is MotoFit ORP 6/20-21.
Hope to see some of you guys there.

cheers!

#90 ·
It was super to meet you guys, especially JD, Mac, MGF, Damion and another 675 rider, Mark, on a black/grey 1st gen who graciously hooked me up with a spare brake lever after my silly cold-track/tire tumble. I'm a little bummed I was able to get my act together to do some sessions together with you guys, so I guess that'll have to wait - there will be lots more days coming up.

Next for me is MotoFit ORP 6/20-21.
Hope to see some of you guys there.

cheers!
You too dude! Most of us will be at Laguna Seca that weekend, but I'm sure we'll ride together this summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.