Triumph 675 Forums banner

Tired of winter already!

5K views 52 replies 26 participants last post by  Rink675 
#1 ·
I just want it to warm up, grass turn green and summer to begin already! This whole not being able to ride my bike is really getting to me. The only good part about winter is I can work on the bike and take my time with it because I am forced to.

*sigh*.......I don't know how much longer I can last in MN.

#8 ·
Sucks for you guys... I just had a trackday at jennings yesterday, 75 degrees and a nice light breeze, perfect weather.

Also had an alligator and a turtle come out on the track lol.

#16 ·
I have no idea how folks can live in places where you can't ride all year round.

Snow blows, in my humble opinion. No amount of skiiing, snowmobiles or other arsing around in the cold white stuff can possibly compensate for not being able to ride a bike for months on end. Screw that!

O.B

#17 ·
I have no idea how folks can live in places where you can't ride all year round.

Snow blows, in my humble opinion. No amount of skiiing, snowmobiles or other arsing around in the cold white stuff can possibly compensate for not being able to ride a bike for months on end. Screw that!

O.B
I am lined up for a great job next month so I have stay here until I at least get my use out of the GI Bill on a degree to choose where I want to live and be able to ride year round with my new job once the degree is completed.

#19 ·
hahaha this is so lame!!! Today I was driving my truck and in my head I am thinking.....twist throttle, go faster, body off bike and lean! Not in that exact order but you get what I mean.

I am going crazy....:nothappy:

#22 ·
There is no way i could ride year round if i lived in texas. I would die without ac on me for the two or three really hot months. I enjoy snow and some other things the winter brings like ice fishing but not being able to ride really blows. I winterized the bike yesterday and it was upsetting. We got 14 inches of snow last week and that ended my riding.

Im looking into moving semi south after I graduate in may. Looking at colorado, northern arizona, north carolina, or virginia. The gf is attending grad school and is smart enough to go any where she wants so moving south for four years while she does masters and dr will be a nice change up.

#27 ·
Yeah I have a buddy that lives in Denver and he loves it! He wanted me to move there after the military with him but there still isn't year round riding there so I opted not to go there with him.

The older I get, the less I can tolerate this crap.
16" of it last saturday...:pout:
Yea man I got quite the culture shock, I knew the first year I would be back here for winter would be the time when the snow really kicks in.

I have someone coming to pick up the D675 on the 21st and I am moving back to CA and racing an 2009 R1 in the AFM club. Feel free to meet me out there sometime lol.

#29 ·
I'm taking a trip south in March, but it's not enough. I would move south in a heartbeat if it wasn't for my job. My parents, bro, and some other family live in Florida and that's where I'd like to be. If only I could find a job paying half what I make now.

#30 ·
I had a good job working for the railroad out in CA after the military but after driving a 1000mi each week for 3 months I just got tired of the job and the work was only getting further away....

The gift and the curse of having a nice job lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.