Triumph 675 Forums banner

Overheating Issue

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  818 
#1 ·
I finally got my motorcycle running and now I have an overheating issue.

It got up to max bars on the display and the cooling fan never came on and then the coolant started boiling out of the overflow tank (which caused it to become brittle and crack) anyway. I hooked up TuneEcu and ran the cooling fan test.

It sent pulses to the cooling fan which made it move very slightly with each pulse. I was under the impression I would kick it on completely, but the program said it came back with no errors.

My question is, is that how it's supposed to be while running the test? and if so, what are the potential problems now that I have the actual fan marked off the list?

Thanks,
Brett

#5 ·
Try burping the hoses and leaning the bike right over to the left and right to get all the air out. Also did you remove the plastic bung on the RIGHT side of the radiator when filling it with coolant?

Also read my thread here: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=182938

#8 ·
Well, if you actually read what the issue was instead of throwing out random fixes then you would realize what you said had nothing to do with MY issue. Just because you said something doesn't mean it is help.

I said my issue is clearly with the fan and that I ran a test for it with tune ecu.

I'm not sure what kind of reaction was expected when three people gave incorrect advice due to not reading the post. I posted information for a reason and that reason was to get help tailored to my issue.

#7 ·
It should run freely when testing with TuneECU. Check that there isn't any physical interference. When I had a lowside, the radiator bowed slightly, which caused the fan to contact it (unbeknownst to me at the time), which prevented it from turning and ultimately burned out the fan relay.

#10 ·
Thanks! I checked it and there is nothing touching the ran from the radiator side. It doesn't look like there is anything touching it from the rear either.

If you were to move it with your finger how easily is it supposed to move?

If I were to move it with a finger it doesn't spin. It'll move when force is applied and then stop immediately. Maybe the motor is bad?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.