Triumph 675 Forums banner

BEST TRACKDAY PIC

553K views 3K replies 701 participants last post by  Rex_S 
#1 ·
didn't see a specific thread on trackday pics only. this would consolidate all pics on the subject. try to limit it to 1-2 photos and give a brief description.

track: mid-ohio (turn 5 w/ chicanes "keyhole")
bike: '99 triumph daytona 955i

See less See more
#2,952 ·
For a brief moment I thought I was launching to the moon.

Good to hear from you! Also check out those sweet Teknic gloves I'm wearing in those photos! :thumbsup:

#2,950 ·
Just finished up with the 3rd Round with the AFM this past weekend - got a few good shots, had a great weekend!

#2,955 · (Edited)
Series of 3 photos from yesterday up at Thunderhill...getting some advice from the really fast guy (AFM #2 plate holder right now) lol

#2,956 ·
Honeybadger, Not that you asked, but since I am a riding coach I can't resist. the thing I notice immediately is that you can look ahead further. The guy behind you is looking further up track than you and it appears he is carrying less lean and the same speed. One problem with looking down is that you use more lean than necessary.

#2,957 ·
Actually, I was having the opposite problem and was working this day specifically on getting my eyes moving back and forth more - I tend to have too much forward vision with not enough reference to my current position, which leads to me being a bit prone to fading or turning in too early, leading to the increased lean at the same pace since I'm not maximizing the available track and radius.

#2,961 ·
No worries, suggestions are always welcome. Lately I've been working with Ken Hill/Cameron Gish a bit off track, plus now a couple of our local really fast guys, looking down hasn't really been an issue - but from a photo, I can see why you came to that conclusion, most of my photos make it look like my head is tilted down, and you can't really see my eyes in the helmet.

Working on dropping those last couple/few seconds - not much more than that I'm going to get out of this bike without developing some serious talent I've yet to acquire lol.

Definitely need to be making use of those last couple feet of track and not fading in too early, because that is definitely slowing things down and decreasing my hard braking confidence. Started to clean that up in a few places by the end of Tuesday, and it was making a noticeable difference, especially in my two "problem" corners where I'm frequently beaten on entry by the guys who are managing to finish in front of me still.

#2,967 ·
Couple of photos from this past weekend with the AFM at Thunderhill Raceway, and videos as well. Finally broke into the sub-2 min laptimes - barely, but finally did it, despite it being extremely hot and grip a little hard to come by!

Videos:

#2,971 ·
Snagged a couple of track days to just go ride at, Ken Hill was giving me some drills to work on, and I was testing out my resprung rear shock - those two things helped me shave nearly 2 1/2 seconds off my previous PB that I just set a couple weeks ago! Getting legitimately quick with this improvement - got a 1:57.66 at Thunderhill - at a track day none the less! Had a couple 1:58s in there to back that up! Full write in my blog (linky in sig)....

On my way to that 1:57....

#2,979 ·
Getting comfortable on the D675

Been running at NYST in upstate NY, and I'm starting to get comfortable with the D675 coming from a CBR600RR.
I'm still running on stock suspension/linkage but feels pretty planted when I'm picking up the pace. I can't wait to get those bits in and really start to push.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.