Triumph 675 Forums banner

China leathers?

3K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Trip 
#1 ·
#4 ·
If you want, shoot me a PM and i can put you in touch with the (2) companies that do just about all the leather suits made that come from pakistan or indonesia.
this would be the majority of everything out there, from every company.
Going to have a new one done in JAN, when i drop a few lbs.

Casey Stoner replica.:bowdown:

#5 ·
thats just like buying a cheap helment, works well til you have to use it! tell your freind its not worth buying the cheap gear. look under the classifides and buy a name brand set used, even if it has been wrecked in it is probable still better than a china brand.

#7 ·
Absolutely not. I'm not even going to waste my time writing out my rationale.

From looking at that link and seeing their pictures of how they think leathers should fit like on an actual person, I would compare them to something similar to screwing a $5 prostitute from East St. Louis with nothing on your manhood but a plastic shopping bag.

Tell him to check out the sale section of sportbiketrackgear.com or ridersdiscount.com, maybe even contact them and see what they can do for him.

#8 ·
Absolutely not. I'm not even going to waste my time writing out my rationale.

From looking at that link and seeing their pictures of how they think leathers should fit like on an actual person, I would compare them to something similar to screwing a $5 prostitute from East St. Louis with nothing on your manhood but a plastic shopping bag.

Tell him to check out the sale section of sportbiketrackgear.com or ridersdiscount.com, maybe even contact them and see what they can do for him.
That plastic bag will be uncomfortable man, might as well wear nothing, ya know...

#14 ·
There are a lot of ways to save a few bucks for more tires and trackdays, but my body and my head are not the place to do it.

Buy a good condition used name brand suit. Check the WERA classifieds, there's always a ton in there. There are deals all over our site sponsors sites for new suits, STG always has suits on clearance. And TJ at riders discount will recommend the best suit for your price range.

Look around for deals, but not in china.

#15 ·
There are a lot of ways to save a few bucks for more tires and trackdays, but my body and my head are not the place to do it.

Buy a good condition used name brand suit. Check the WERA classifieds, there's always a ton in there. There are deals all over our site sponsors sites for new suits, STG always has suits on clearance. And TJ at riders discount will recommend the best suit for your price range.

Look around for deals, but not in china.
I disagree, I figure the more skin I and rip off the lighter I am means I am faster. Catch me now bitches.

#16 ·
I say....go for it! Then let us know how the quality is...

I'm not promoting or bashing ebay-type stuff made in China, but I have been pleasantly surprised at the couple of items I've ordered (not specifically from DH Gate however)--some shorty folding brake/clutch billet levers that fit perfectly and work great; and a set of ABS plastics for an old 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000. I was extremely impressed by the quality of these...

Odds are, the leather jacket will be pretty marginal quality, but you never know...

#18 ·
The sad thing is with leathers you wont truly know the quality till you are sliding across some nice asphalt.
THIS.

Some suits will start popping seams or break zippers etc. But crashing is when you will truly wish you had bought a good quality suit. I just wouldn't want to be the one to find out I bought shitty leathers because I have half my ass shaved off.

Looking at the pics, it looks like it was built with much protection. Almost like a jacket made for style not function.

#19 ·
I agree with getting known proven brands but he wanted me to be unbiased when I posted. We're both younger riders going to school so money is kinda tight but I don't want him to skimp on safety. Thanks for all the responses maybe he'll listen to me now @.@

#28 ·
Well, even Alpinestars, Icon and many other brands leather are made in China. I am in the tactical industry, we have seen many bad factories but there good ones too. Unfortunately, 50% of bad makes them all look bad.

Nonetheless, you should choose a reputatible brand with decent reviews regardless where its made.

#29 ·
There are a few good suit deals right now. Someone already mentioned the Teknic deal at sportbiketrackgear.com but I've seen a couple of others recently.

These two are on closeout for $499.99:

AXO Bullet:
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/leather+motorcycle+suits/axo_bullet+1+piece+suit

Rev 'it CR:
http://m.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/912/26770/ITEM/REVIT-CR-One-Piece-Racing-Suit.aspx

I'm pretty sure I saw an Alpinestars suit on sale for about $600, but I can't recall where it was right now.

The other thing you guys can do is find jacket and pants separates, zip them together, and you've got a good two-piece suit. Just make sure they're comparable or you'll have to get the connection zipper replaced in the pants. Not a big deal since the jackets usually come with the correct mating zipper, which you can have installed in the pants. But if you can get compatible jackets and pants off the shelf, it's that much easier.

There are usually lots of sales/closeouts this time of year, especially after Christmas.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.