Triumph 675 Forums banner

Help ID-ing two mystery connectors?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Ruby Racing 
#1 ·
Hello, I have an '06 D675 track bike. There are two connectors in the under-tank area that aren't plugged into anything, that I can't identify. I have tried finding them in the wiring diagram, but there doesn't seem to be anything with these wire color combinations. One connector is male, and has a long white sheath. the other brown, similar to the connectors that attach to the fuel pump and fuel level sensor.

The long white male connector has Pink+Brown and Purple+Black wires coming into it.

The shorter brown female connector has Purple+White and Black. I traced the black wire to a direct ground connection on the engine block.

All the lights, horn, and signals have already been disconnected. I have removed the SAI, nose flap, EXUP flap. Other than the EXUP, none of those are located near this area. The EXUP has a larger connector with five wires, none of which have the color combos described... So I am at a loss as to what these might be.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
ok, did some searching and may have found the answer, as seen in this post, third photo down:

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192561

From this photo, it looks like the white one is plugged into the other brown one... I thought I tried that and it didn't fit, but I could have been doing it wrong. Looks like at least I'm not the only one who's had this brain-fart moment haha...

Thoughts, anyone?

Attachments

#3 ·
Probably for the extra relay that was fitted to the early bikes for the fuel pump. Not a recall item, but a service item. Fitted due to some ECU's, fuel pumps being blown by folk turning off the motor with the kill switch.

Follow the wires. They should go down behind the expansion bottle an end up on a relay fitted to a bracket on the left lower/forward engine case. The connectors from the loom go into this really and then to the fuel pump. Pretty sure there is only one way it will all fit.

#4 ·
Can't really add anything here, but for anyone reading this who is about to start disconnecting things for the first time under the tank... Label everything! The *second* time I went in there I used tape and labeled both sides of every connection. Takes a bit of time, but still much faster than being unsure of what goes where.

#5 · (Edited)
The weird and frustrating thing is that these wire color combinations don't show up in the wiring diagram. You'd think it would be documented in some way.

I'll definitely never forget this, it's been perplexing me for a couple weeks now. Also will definitely label everything. I'll post back with confirmation of success, fingers crossed that this solves it.

#6 ·
The weird and frustrating thing is that these wire color combinations don't show up in the wiring diagram. You'd think it would be documented in some way.
If it's what I suggested, then it won't appear on the original wiring diagrams as it was added after the bike had been on sale for a year or so. Later models had the relay fitted at the factory.

#7 ·
So that's what it was, like in the photo above. All seems to be correct now, thanks for your help. Question now is, since this is a track bike anyway, should I take the plunge and install the race harness and ecu... It would theoretically simplify things a lot in terms of the wiring harness, and I was thinking of booking a dyno session for it anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.