Triumph 675 Forums banner

Best Bike Forum on the web

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  starpower 
#1 ·
This is by far the best forum out there for bikes, the members are focused, helpful and very informative and call a spade a spade! You all have saved me tons of money and grief and helped put together a killer Daytona. However, my 63 y/o wrists have severe tendinitis and now modest rides are killing me. I generally need to leave a track day a session early due to reaching the inability to be able to pull in the clutch anymore. I have dearly loved my Daytona but sold it yesterday to a buddy that is in heaven now and I'll see it often so the pain of departure is moderated.

The good news is that I replaced it with a '14 BMW S1000R that has very little weight on my wrists and thus nearly no pain even with prolonged rides. I covered it in crash protection and look forward to stretching it's legs in next season's track days, I will miss you all and even though BMW S1000R/RR's have vastly inferior forums we do have Riders Discount and the ever knowledgeable TJ sponsoring and supporting there.

Happy Trails all!

#2 ·
Thanks for the kind words for the forum..

I agree one of the best without a doubt..

#3 ·
Star power, look me up on s1krr forum. I have some friends over there, and while I don't own one, then are a great forum and cool to catch rides and track days together. ( same name over there )

Glad the s1kr is working for you. I love that bike even more than the street triple, just not at a place in life I can have two bikes

You are a great member on here, and 1 reason this forum is so great. Members like you!

#5 ·
100% agreed.

I may no longer have a 675, but I'm going to be an active member here because of this community. And I'll be honest, when it comes to overall general information, this forum has more than the AF1 forums. I've actually used a few ideas and such from here on my RSV4 RR.

---------------------------------

2014 Triumph Daytona 675R 2/22/14 - 8/22/15

2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR 8/29/15 - ???

#6 ·
100% agreed.
I may no longer have a 675, but I'm going to be an active member here because of this community. And I'll be honest, when it comes to overall general information, this forum has more than the AF1 forums. I've actually used a few ideas and such from here on my RSV4 RR.
I would agree on that as well. With this bike having such a long run between two similiar models 06-12 Daytona, 08-15 Street triple there is loads of info. Not to mention it is such an easy bike to work on.
The affordable or free mods on the higher end bikes seem to be not so affordable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.